How to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally: Eye Health Vitamins, Food for Eye Health
Can I improve my eyesight naturally?
Many people are wondering if they can improve their eyesight naturally, without laser surgery or invasive treatments. Although natural eyesight improvement is still being researched, there are some areas that showed success in natural eye disease treatment.
The top four things how to improve your eyesight are:
- Proper diet and foods rich in vitamins and antioxidants – certain food can help improve eye vision due to the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants they contain.
- Taking supplements – another way to ensure enough vitamins and minerals is by taking supplements.
- Lifestyle habits – certain lifestyle habits can lead to worsening of eye health. On the other hand introducing eye exercises, relaxation exercises and taking brake if you watch too much TV or computer screen can help you keep good eye health.
- Eye strengthening exercises – there are special exercises developed by eye specialists that can help you improve eyesight naturally.
One of the ways to improve eyesight naturally is to take enough vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Some are more important than others, so it plays big role which food we eat. Some foods are proven to help us see better and have better vision.
Eye Health Vitamins, Minerals and Antioxidants
Two most important eye health vitamins are vitamin A and vitamin C
Vitamin A is very important antioxidant, which helps our eyesight be better. The only way to get enough vitamin A is to eat foods that contain lots of carotenoids, especially beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is converted in vitamin A in our body which acts as antioxidant protecting our body from free radicals.
Not all antioxidants play the most important role for all our organs. When it comes to the eyes, vitamin A is the most important vitamin, because it helps us see better, protects the eyes from cataract, blindness from macular and degeneration, the number one causes of blindness.
Vitamin C is another very important vitamin and antioxidant that protects our body from almost all illnesses. It is very effective in fighting eye health problems, such as cataract, macular degeneration and glaucoma.
Vitamin C should be taken daily to help improve eyesight.
Lutein is another very special antioxidant that improves eye vision. Lutein is also a carotenoid, which is converted in our body in antioxidants.
Lutein is very important for eye health, because the lutein is primary carotenoid which is placed in macula, the canter of retina.
Two most important eye health minerals are zinc and selenium.
Zinc is well known antioxidant that is very important for eye health. The deficiencies of zinc can cause the degeneration of macula. That’s why it is important to take enough zinc through food or supplements.
Another very important zinc’s role is that it allows the vitamin A to be released from liver, so it can be used by eye tissue.
Selenium is mineral which is very important for eye health. It is shown that low levels of selenium can cause cataract. This is why it is important to take enough selenium in order to keep good eyesight.
How to improve your eyesight naturally through food?
The best food for eye health
Certain foods contain more antioxidants than others, so it is important to know which food is particularly healthy and important for our eye health.
Generally, dark green vegetables contain lots of antioxidants. Yellow and orange fruits and vegetables contain carotenoids. Many fruits and vegetables are particularly rich in vitamin C.
Here is a list of the most important and best foods for eye health.
- Dark green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale and collars are rich in lutein and vitamin C.
- Broccoli is very important green vegetable, which is rich in lutein and vitamin C.
- Carrot contains carotenoids and beta-carotene, which means it contains lots of vitamin A.
- Tomatoes contain lots of luteine.
- Citrus fruits, such as oranges, tangerines, as well as strawberries contain lots of vitamin C.
- Orange and yellow fruits like melons, peaches, apricots, papayas and mangos are rich in lutein.
Herbs and spices
Many herbs contain lots of lutein which is not widely known. This is why it is recommended to use herbs and spices as a part of healthy cooking.
- Herbs that are particularly rich in lutein are dill, parsley and watercress.
- Curry is a spice that contains lots of lutein thanks to its yellow color.
- Bilberry is rich in lutein. Bilberry improves the blood flow and keeps the eyes healthy.
- Garlic contains lots of selenium and vitamin C.
Sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts and black walnuts are rich in zinc.
Cereals and legumes
- Oatmeal and brown rice contain lots of selenium which is very important mineral.
- Kidney beans and lentils contain lots of zinc.
Eggs are great source of vitamin A, lutein, zinc, vitamin D and B12.
Maintaining eye health is very important. Although it can be done through several actions, the most things are those we do every day. And every day we eat. This is why it is important to eat proper food for eye health.
Many people are not sure how to improve eyesight and if eye health vitamins and supplements are enough. Eye health vitamins are very important and with proper lifestyle eye vision and eye health can be preserved.
Some eye illnesses such as glaucoma or cataract can be avoided or at least delayed, which is very important.
More Healthy Lifestyle Hubs
- Simple Rules How To Improve (Boost) Your Immune System
People get sick in different ways and on different time basis. Some gets simple cold once a year, while other has repeating infections in a short period of time. What's the main reason for that? ...
- Healthy Cooking Taste of Home: Back In 80s We Had Healthier Meals
Learn more about healthy cooking, ceramic pots, herbs and other interesting stuff.
- Eating In Seasons: Spring Diet Plan
Make your own spring diet plan. Learn what food is the best spering diet.
- Eating in Seasons: Healthy Summer Diet Plan
Try those simple and tasty summer suggestions and make your own summer healthy diet plan. Look nice and get ready for summer.
- 17 Super Health Benefits of a Macrobiotic Diet
Benefits of a Macrobiotic Diet Macrobiotic diet is not just food and eating. It's a complete way of life, in which you take care of your self and the nature. Benefits of a macrobiotic diet are...
- How to Start Macrobiotic Diet Step by Step
How to start macrobiotic diet Many people decide to start macrobiotic diet when they face certain illness or condition. Standard American diet has become unhealthy and many people are considering...
- Black Garlic Health Benefits, How to Use and Buy Black Garlic, with Delicious Black Garlic Recipe
Black garlic is has many health benefits. Here is a list of black garlic health benefits, advice how to prepare it and buy it. And two great recipes.