How to Protect Yourself From Covid-19
Debunk the Myths of COVID-19
First, we must debunk the myths. There is some crazy fake news being spread around about the corona virus that isn't true. I want to clear that up.
1) You need to clear out the whole market because the world is coming to an end. Of course, I exaggerated that a bit, but this is how people are acting! Many are going out into their local markets and buying so many unnecessary groceries (and for some reason are so focused on toilet paper) ! Please... DO NOT DO THIS. We also need to consider the elderly. Many are not able to fight for groceries or load up their carts with everything they can find. Although this is a serious situation, it doesn't mean the world is ending.
2) Eating certain foods or drinks will cure or prevent the virus. This is not going to prevent the corona virus from spreading in your house. There are rumors of vitamins, onions, and even BLEACH curing COVID-19! Wow... One of the biggest ones is that garlic will cure it. Even WHO (World Health Organization) has debunked that myth. Even though garlic may have some healthy properties, there is NO evidence that it will cure or fend off the virus.
Voices of Fact in a Time of Lies
Who to Trust. I want to inform you about the sources you should be trusting. There are many voices out there with many things to say. That is what has lead to many people being deceived by fake news. The 2 main sources that we should listen to are World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). They have all the latest info on the virus and what you should know!
They have information such as testing and testing sites and public advice. They are busting even more myths than the ones I provided. They have plenty of REAL and RELIABLE news on the topic. The CDC provides information on the statistics of each state and the number of cases. They should be your sources for information in this time.
COVID-19 Prevention Tips
How to Protect Yourself & Prevent Corona Virus. This is what you have been waiting for. Here are the main tips to protect yourself during the pandemic of Corona Virus.
- Social Distancing. The situation has gotten to the point where you are recommended to stay at least 3 feet away from other people. This is of course, if you must go out.
- Stay home! If you have nowhere to go, stay home!! Understandably, some people absolutely have to leave to go to work, they have an emergency, or they need medical attention. This is not the time to be going out to watch a movie, meet up with friends, or just hang out in public.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer. This is one of the main recommendations. The virus can be on your hands if you touch surfaces that are covered with those germs. Washing your hands is the best option, and it must be done for at least 20 seconds thoroughly with soap. If that is not an option, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Disinfect commonly touched surfaces. There are surfaces that we touch all the time! This includes but is not limited to, your phone, laptop, desktops, door handles, sinks, cabinet door handles, and refrigerator handles.
- Cough into your elbow or a tissue. The virus can spread to others through the droplets in the air. When you cough, cover your mouth! Do not use your hand, but use your elbow or a tissue instead.
- Do not touch your face. If you don't yet have access to water and soap. Do not touch your face. Actually, just don't touch your face! If you have the germs/virus on your hands you could easily transfer it to your body by touching your eyes, mouth, and nose. I know it's hard, but RESIST!
- Last but not least, PRAY! I am a firm believer in prayer. I believe that only God can deliver us from this situation. Of course, take preventative measures, but if you believe in God, take time to pray! He can provide a vaccine, a remedy!
GOD BLESS and stay HEALTHY!