How to naturally boost your energy
If you are in need of some energy but would like to do it the healthy way you can try some of these little energy boosters. Often the drinks and other products that promise us more energy are not very healthy. To much caffeine and sugar can be harmful to our bodies. It is always a good idea to asses what might be making us tired. This could be anything from an extra long twelve hour shift at work to not getting enough sleep or lacking in some important vitamins. Some times it is as simple as just being dehydrated. What ever the case there are lots of easy things you can do to boost your energy.
Healthy snacks to boost your energy
There are foods that can actually help you wake up and stay energized throughout the day.
Fruits have natural sugars that boost your energy in a healthy way with no crash.These snacks are healthy and are small so they are perfect for a quick snack. These have carbohydrates in them so they give your body lots of fuel. Many fruits contain iron and lack of iron can make you really tired. So this is a great snack if you have anemia or your just lacking a little for whatever reason.
These are all pretty great. Whatever the fruit you should get some good results. This is a great snack for the morning. You can chose dried fruit and mix it with trail mix. Fruit also goes great with oatmeal and yogurt.
Whole grains contain carbohydrates that give you lots of energy but take longer to process than other carbs. This means they are more healthy and don't give you the crash effect. Since they take so long to process you get healthy boosts of energy throughout the day. Some good whole grains to try are listed below.
- Brown rice
- Whole wheat pasta
- Wild rice
These are all excellent choices and I am sure there are more. Mixing whole grains with fruits and vegetables is a great way to get long lasting energy.
Nuts contain lots of protein which helps digest and process sugars that are converted into energy. Also nuts are a good source of magnesium. Lack of magnesium can cause you to feel tired and sleepy. Some great nuts to try are listed below.
- Brazil nuts
- Chess nuts
- Macadamia nuts
These are all great sources of energy and protein. They are great in trail mixes and you can eat them as small snacks here and there to get small boosts throughout the day.
Exercise is another great way to get some energy naturally. When you exercise more oxygen is circulating through your body. This gives you more energy. Also in the long run you will build up more stamina because your body slowly starts to build more capillaries. These help increase you blood flow and this will give you more energy. Some great types of exercise you can try are listed below.
These are all great to try but any amount of exercise at all will help. The more blood you get pumping the better.
The importance of water
Water can actually make you feel great. Making sure that you are well hydrated will help keep you awake and alert. It is recommended that we drink eight glasses of water a day. Dehydration can make you feel sluggish. Caffeinated products like soda can take out up to ten cups of water out of your body. They may give you short term energy boost but usually end with a terrible crash. It is especially important to stay hydrated when you are out in the sun or if you are engaged in a lot of physical activity.
Sleep is a major key to fight off feeling tired. It is important to not only get at let eight hours of sleep a day but to make good sleeping habits. Going to bed around the same time at night can help your body get into a better routine and improve your quality of slumber. When you sleep it should be in solid blocks. If you wake up frequently throughout the night you miss out on rem sleep and this is very important.
Napping is a good way to get a quick boost of energy naturally. Letting your body just rest for fifteen minutes can make a different. Napping for a half and hour to an hour can go a long way. Taking to long of a nap can disrupt your normal sleeping habits and can even make you feel more tired.
Things that may cause fatigue and tiredness
There are many things that can cause us to be tired some of these things may be pretty simple to fix others may be better dealt with by discussing them with a doctor. Some common causes of tiredness and fatigue are listed below.
- Lack of sleep- Not getting enough sleep can be easily fixed by healthy sleeping habits.
- Disrupted sleep- Disrupted sleep can be just as bad as no sleep at all. The body does not get proper rest with out solid blocks of sleep.
- Sleep disorders- Sleep disorders make sleeping and getting rest difficult. The best way to deal with this is by talking to a doctor to find the proper solution
- Poor diet and lack of important vitamins- The body needs all kinds of vitamins to function correctly. Not getting enough of these can make your body feel tired and have a difficult time digesting food. This can easily be foxed by maintaining a healthy diet and taking a multivitamin.
- Hormonal imbalance such as a thyroid condition- These types of conditions can cause fatigue. The best way to deal with these conditions is to check with a doctor.
- Anemia- This is an iron deficiency and is pretty common. Talking to a doctor or adding more iron to your diet is the best way to handle this.
- Weakened immune system being sick often- When your body is sick it puts all of its energy towards getting better. This can make you feel very tired. Taking multivitamins can be helpful in strengthening your immune system. It is best to speak with a doctor if you are getting sick more than usual.
- Gluten intolerance- This is an allergy to wheat products. This can cause fatigue and make you feel sleepy. A change in your diet and talking with your doctor can help.
- To much work more than forty hours- Working a busy schedule can be a strain on the mind and body. This can lead to feeling tired and overwhelmed. Taking time to rest and relax is important and will help greatly even in small doses.
- Stress- Being mentally fatigued can take a toll on the body as well. This can actually make you feel physically tired. Getting rid of unnecessary stress and taking time to relax and have will help.
- To much iron- To much iron in the blood stream can make you just as tired as not having enough. Talking to a doctor is the best way to handle this.
- Dehydration- The body needs water to function properly just like vitamins. Not drinking enough water can make you tired but this is as simple to fix as drinking a glass of water.
Some more of my work
- How to boost your endorphins
Boosting your endorphins can actually improve your mood. High endorphin levels can help fight off feelings of stress, depression and anxiety naturally. You can easily boost your endorphins by choosing the right foods and activities.
- How to look skinnier without dieting or excersize
Tips on how to wear the right clothing to flatter your size and shape. Choosing the right clothes, colors and styles can give you that well put together look no matter your shape or size.
- How to whiten your teeth naturally at home
How to whiten your teeth naturally at home. What kinds of all natural products you can use. Organic products that are faster and safer. You can use baking soda, oranges, bananas even strawberries.
Some related pages
- How to fight insomnia
Insomnia affects as inability to sleep at night, frequent awakening at night or early awakening in mornings. If you slept poorly at night then you will suffer from daytime sleepiness, poor mood, fatigue, nervousness, inability to concentrate,...
- How To Fight Fatigue?
Fatigue is a general feeling of tiredness or loss of efficiency. It's a normal reaction to lack of sleep, emotional strain, or poor dietary habits. Constant fatigue can also be a sign of an underlying illness requiring medical attention, such as...
- How to Fight Stress Anxiety and Depression With Thes...
Are you stressed, filled with anxiety, and headed toward depression? If you or someone you know could use a little help feeling more emotionally energized, maybe one or all of the nine foods can help lead you back to feeling more like yourself again.
- How to Fight Fatigue While Pregnant
Pregnancy fatigue is often one of the first symptoms of pregnancy. Learn how to fight fatigue during pregnancy and keep your pregnant body feeling refreshed.