How to Relieve Stress at Work
Symptoms and Signs of Stress at Work Place
- Loss of interest in work
- Irritating nature
- Depressing nature
- Sleeping disorder
- Lake of concentration
- Headaches /Migrain
- Digestion problems
- Loss of Sex drive
- Increased use of Alcohol
- Use of drug
- Less interest in social activities
Stress at Work : We All Have to Deal With it
Stress is inevitable in today's life, especially at the workplace. Working environments getting more and more complicated nowadays. Competition and expectations are increasing and all these leads to stressful conditions.
While some workplace stress is normal, excessive stress can interfere with your productivity and impact your physical and emotional health. And your ability to deal with it can mean the difference between success or failure.Workplaces around the world are getting complicated every single day. Many jobs demand employees to wear more than one hats. This also leads to dependencies on other employees and departments.
We live in the busy world. Many times we cannot find the time for ourselves. This is the primary reason for stress. Stress is mental tiredness. When we cannot find time for ourselves or when things do not go our way, we got stressed out. This also happens when a person have a very busy schedule. This happens most in the workplace.
Why stress happens even if we like our work? It’s because of no break. Sometime we get so much busy that we cannot consider giving breaks to ourselves. Remember our mind gets tired as well with our body. In workplace stress, mind gets more tired then body.
Manage job Stress
Troubled economy is heavily disturbing workplace structure and increasing the stress level. Employees are getting layoffs and budget cuts significantly affect the way we work. It creates fear, uncertainty and stress for employees. Stress effect on the way employee interacts with each other too. This can be even worse in the time of economic crisis and bad financial position of the country. It eventually affects our productivity and health as well. It will lead to failure in certain activities. It will worsen the situation as employee, start thinking that he/she is not capable.
Do you feel stressed at work?
Relieve Stress at Work
So how one can cope with the stress in the workplace? How can we relieve stress and pressure at work place? Time management and some other tips can avoid the excess amount of stress.
1) Take responsibility: If you feel stressed, you should take the responsibility to improve your physical as well as emotional health.
2) Learn better communications: Communication is very important to ease out stressful situations. Many times, communication is the main reason for making a stressful work environment.
3) Stretching: Give yourself some time out between work activities. Do a little stretching, it will relieve stress from muscles and will make you feel better.
4) Small walk: Go for a small walk. Find a little time to go around for 5-10 minutes. To go out from your work table or cubicle and look around can greatly enhance your mood. It will energies you and you can work more efficiently.
5) Laugh it out: Laughter is the best medicine. Laughter relieves stress immediately. Try having some humorous conversation with your colleagues. It will also encourage employee to interact more often.
6) Speak it out: Raise your voice if you think something is affecting your productivity. Many employees do work in far less suitable condition than they deserve and it does affect their productivity. For example, if you have a printer nearby you which makes lots of noise and also makes your workplace crowd then you can ask management to move it somewhere else.
7) Eat healthy: Eating healthy at the workplace is important. If you are eating something really heavy for your body, it will make you sleepy and lazy. This will cause in late deliverable and eventually turn up in stress. Try having some light lunch as well fruits in lunch. You can have fruits in the evening time snacks too. Super foods like blueberry with lots of antioxidants are great to relieve stress level.
8) Exercise: Exercise is great for relieving stress. Many offices have their own gym or exercise center. Try to stop by for a quick workout when you feel lazy or sleepy. Some running, jogging or light cardio exercise can be a great booster.
9) Keep hydrating: Simply keep drinking more water and juice. Water is very important to throw out bad elements from the body and replenish shells with fresh energy. It also keeps skin, and hair healthy. Water is necessary to have a healthy digestion system. These all factors are important to have a healthy body on which you can feel proud. This will boost your confidence and it will relieve stress level.
10) Take a nap: Sound sleep is mandatory for a sound body and mind. Now you cannot sleep at the office as you do at home. But you can definitely take a quick power nap for about 15-20 minutes. Try to have it in your break time. It will definitely improve your productivity and relieve stress.
- Female Body Types : Woman Body Shapes and Clothing
A brief article on Female Body Types. Learn about various women body types and find out what dressing will suit your body types.
- What to do when your bored - Things to do when your bored
This is an article to get you out of your boredom. This will let you know what to do when your bored ? I summarize some nice and crazy things to do when your bored.
- Top 10 Dangerous Dogs : Top Dog Breeds
For future dog owners, it is very important to know what are top 10 dangerous dogs and what are some top dog breeds. Here I have collected top 10 dangerous dog breeds for you.
- Body Building Workout for Fast Muscle Gain
Some easy tips to make your muscle building workout more efficient and effective.
- What is SAP ? Everything you need to know about SAP software
Here is everything you need to know about SAP. You will get answers of what is SAP ? How SAP software works ? Why SAP is one of the top ERP system ? You also get to know about different SAP modules.
What is the best way to relieve stress ?
At the End, Take it Easy
At the end, how to deal with stress is in your hand. If you will let stress to drive you, it will. Try looking at the positive side of everything. Remember, there are two sides of everything. Stress can occur in almost every situation but you can get out of it by taking things positively. Take it easy and positively, especially when it is related to your work.
© 2013 ktnptl