How to treat dark underarms at home
Recently I went to shopping with my dear friend and took a lot of clothes for us. My friend loves wearing sleeveless tops but I noticed that she was hesitant in taking sleeveless tops. I asked her the reason and she told me that her underarm skin has become dark and it is now embarrassing for her to wear sleeveless dresses. I realized that it is a problem with most of us. We never talk about it but it does haunt us. Dark underarms are a reason of embarrassment when we wear sleeveless dresses.
We should first understand the reasons for dark underarms. The main reason for dark underarm is excessive sweating. Bacteria present on the skin which thrives on sweat darken the skin. Other reasons may be friction due to tight clothes, shaving, strong fragrance, alcohol and chemicals in deodorants. There are many methods available to lighten your skin but most of them work temporarily. Best home remedies are those which eliminate the root cause of the darkening. Here are some effective home remedies to lighten your underarm skin.
1. Make a paste of 1tsp lime juice, 1tsp cucumber juice or gram flour and pinch of turmeric powder. Apply it for 20 minutes and then wash your skin. This is the best remedy. Lime is acidic and will help you get rid of excess sweat, turmeric juice will reduce the chaffing of the skin and help in healing, turmeric is known to have anti-oxidant properties it will reduce the darkening of the skin. Use it at least 4 times a week. You will notice the change within 1-2 weeks.
2. Rubbing raw potato slices for 10 minutes daily on your underarms will reduce the darkening considerably. Potato juice has a lot of bleaching agent which will help in lightening your skin.
3. Mix equal amount of honey and lemon juice and apply it on your underarms. Leave it for half an hour and then rinse it with warm water.
4. Apply baking soda to your underarms after shower. You can also mix vinegar with the baking soda and apply the mixture for half an hour and rinse, vinegar is a natural stain remover.
5. Apply paste of sandalwood powder and rose water daily on your underarms. Let the paste dry and then rinse it.
These very easy and natural home remedies will definitely help in lightening your underarms skin. So give them a try to get going with your tank tops and spaghetti.
Make your own night cream to treat discoloration. Take 2tsp of water and add 3 drops of olive oil, wheatgerm oil, jojoba oil and any citrus oil in a bottle. Shake it well till a milky emulsion is made and then apply this lotion daily. It is full of vitamins and fatty acids which will rejuvenate your skin and also lighten the color of your underarms.
If you want to make your underarms dry from sweat read my blog “how to solve wet underarms and feel dry all day”.
- How to Solve Wet Underarms and Feel Dry All Day
Wet underarms could place us in embarrassing situation sometimes. While most of the products available in market fails to be the complete solution here is how you can keep your underarms dry easily.