How To Use Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil is one of the most versatile essential oils. Because of its many qualities it is used for a wide range of problems.
Before going into the uses and benefits of Eucalyptus oil it is important to make a distinction between Eucalyptus citridora and Eucalyptus radiata, they are both eucalyptus oils but because of its components they have slightly different qualities and therefore are used for different things.
The Eucalyptus citridora is used mainly for relieving muscles and articulations and for skin irritations. The Eucalyptus radiata is mainly used for inhaling to help with chest problems and winter related illnesses.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Benefits Of Eucalyptus Oil
- Cleansing and purifying
Eucalyptus 100% Pure Essential Oil
Uses Of Eucalyptus Oil
- Eucalyptus oil is very helpful when used for illnesses related to the respiratory tract. The Eucalyptus radiata helps with coughs, asthma, throat infections, sinusitis and catarrhal conditions. It soothes inflammation and eases mucus, clearing the head from the stuffiness of colds and hay fever.
- Eucalyptus oil has a soothing and calming effect on the whole body.
- It helps strengthen the immune system.
- Eucalyptus citridora helps relieve muscle aches and pains.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is fantastic on skin ailments like burns, blisters, wounds, insect bites, lice and skin infections.
- It is great for facial steams because it clears congested or blemished skin.
- Eucalyptus oil has a cooling and deodorizing effect on the body.
The Power of Eucalyptus for Health & Healing
Where Does Eucalyptus Oil Come From?
Eucalyptus essential oil comes from the leaves of the Eucalyptus tree, native to Australia and Tasmania.
- Eucalyptus essential oil should always be diluted when used for a massage.
- Avoid during pregnancy.
How To Use Eucalyptus Citridora Essential Oil
Use Eucalyptus citridora:
- To relieve arthritis, take a teaspoon of honey with one drop of Eucalyptus citridora 2 to 3 times a day.
- To relieve muscular aches, have a eucalyptus bath before going to bed. Mix 10 drops of Eucalyptus citridora essential oil with a big spoon of almond oil, put this mixture in a hot bath and soak yourself for at least 10 minutes. An added advantage of this bath is that the calming effect of the eucalyptus oil will help you have a good night sleep.
- To relieve skin irritations mix 15 drops of Eucalyptus citridora on 50 ml of calendula oil and apply over the problem areas.
- To banish a spot take a cotton bud and dip it in eucalyptus essential oil and apply directly to the spot. The treatment often banishes spots overnight.
- To reduce a fever wrap the person’s feet in eucalyptus compresses made with 2 drops of eucalyptus oil dissolved in a bowl of cold water. Renew the compresses every time they become warm.
- To relieve herpes take a sitz bath with a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil. To make a sitz bath just feel up your bath or a big basin with warm water, add the essential oils and sit on it making sure that your buttocks and hips are covered with the warm water.
- To repel insects at home, use an aromatherapy oil diffuser to diffuse a few drops of Eucalyptus citridora essential oil. Try a little bit at a time because eucalyptus oil has a very strong and penetrating scent. If you find eucalyptus oil scent too strong, try mixing it with another oil.
Steam Inhaler To Help Relieve Cold, Flu And Sinusitis Symptoms
Use Eucalyptus Radiata
- As an antiseptic.
- To relieve a blocked nose put 2 drops of Eucalyptus radiata on a handkerchief and breath deeply the scent as often as you need to.
- To relieve a cold add 3 to 4 drops of Eucalyptus radiata to a bowl of hot water and breathe the steam coming up. Just put your head over the bowl and cover up with a heavy towel to keep the steam in. If you are doing this for young children, avoid using an open bowl with hot water to avoid accidents, instead get yourself a steam inhaler, you will use it so many times that you will never regret your purchase.
- To relieve a cough mix 5 drops of Eucalyptus radiata in a spoonful of vegetable oil and massage the mixture on your chest. If possible put the mixture near a source of heat to slightly warm it up and make sure your hands are warm before massaging onto the body.
- To help relieve an ear infection, massage the above mixture around the ears.
- To relieve a cold put one drop of Eucalyptus radiata essential oil on a sugar cube and let it melt in your mouth. Take this 3 times a day.
- To relieve cold hands and feet mix directly on your hands 1 drop of eucalyptus oil with 5 drops of almond oil, massage hands, arms and feet with this warming mixture.
- To disinfect the air in a room put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in an oil diffuser and let it work. If you wish, you can add a few drops of rosemary essential oil.
- To sanitize a hotel room (you never room who has been in that room before)sprinkle a few drops of eucalyptus oil around the room and in the bed.
- To disinfect your pet’s living area add 1 or 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to the water used to rinse the area and utensils.
Eucalyptus oil is also used for treating fever and reducing body temperature. This is why one of the common names of eucalyptus oil is “fever oil”. E
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus Massage Oil
Ready Made Eucalyptus Massage Oil
Ready to use, this blend of sweet almond oil and Eucalyptus essential oil is recommended to help relax stiff muscles and joints and to support the circulatory system.
Also used for coughs, tight chests, and scratchy throats.
Just massage into freshly cleansed skin at the end of a busy day, or add to running water for the ultimate bath. Place a towel under body to protect bedding from oil.
Eucalyptus Shower Mist
Eucalyptus Shower Mist
Turn out your shower room into an eucalyptus steam room to clear your head and lungs. Just spray this eucalyptus oil into the steamy air after your shower to create a powerful mist and inhale deeply you will feel invigorated and with a clear head and lungs. Nothing better to start the day!
Eucalyptus ready to use Herbal Bath
Eucalyptus Herbal Bath To Reinforce Your Immune System.
Kneipp Herbal Bath - Eucalyptus promotes the healthful benefits of eucalyptus. The perfect bath during an allergic episode or when you have the cold or the flu. Inhaling the Eucalyptus vapours from a hot bath helps clear your sinuses and reinforce your immune system.
- Tea Tree oil remedies for women
Find out how to use tea tree oil to relieve and cure some of the most common gynaecological women’s problems such us excessive vaginal discharge, vaginal irritation, thrush and herpes.
- Tea Tree Oil : 21 Uses
Due to its antifungal, antibacterial and anti viral properties tea tree oil is used either pure or mixed with other essential oils in a diversity of situations. Some of the most common uses for tea tree essential oil are...
- Aromatherapy Baths
Most people do not realize how strongly we are affected by scents, but scents can trigger all sorts of memories. I enjoy using essential oils in a bath because in a warm bath the vapours of essential oils are inhaled and the oils are absorbed...
Do not take any essential oils internally without consultation from a qualified aromatherapy practitioner.