Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Delicious, nutritious and tasty pumpkin seeds!
Roasted pumpkin seeds have a nutty flavor, and are healthy and nutricious. Pumpkin seeds are loaded with protein and fiber, and delicious when toasted and salted. But, even better when flavored with sweet and savory spices.
- 3-4 cups pumpkin seeds (cleaned)
- cooking oil or spray oil
- salt to taste
- Rinse pumpkin seeds under cold water and remove the pulp and strings. (This is easier if done right after the seeds have been removed from the pumpkin and before the pulp has dried.)
- Place pumpkin seeds in a single layer on an oiled baking sheet. Stir to coat. (If you don't want to use oil, you can coat the seeds with a non-stick cooking spray.)
- Sprinkle salt over the pumpkin seeds and bake at 325 degrees until toasted (about 25 minutes). Stir after 10 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an air-tight container.inutes.