- Mental Health»
- Anxiety Disorders
List of Weird Phobias
If you get scared easy about spiders, riding in cars, or even staying single you may have a phobia. Phobias are an anxiety disorder that concern fear; many people have phobias and are diagnosed to get help. I would think that possibly everyone could have a phobia there are so many out there. So today I thought I would give you a list of many phobias that I know, the names and meanings really interest me so maybe you will be interested too. If you are trying to get over a phobia I suggest you talk about it with someone you trust, it will make you feel so much better. For example my phobia is Acrophobia- Fear of heights, if your reading this you will probably start to feel better about your phobia knowning that someone else has one aswell. Phobias affect 18 percent of the US population, don't let your phobia control your life. If you are interested in learning more about phobias please keep reading I hope you find this interesting and maybe even relatable.
Here is a list of some strange phobias:
- Arachibutyrophobia: Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth
- Selachophobia: Fear of pictures of sharks
- Koumpounophobia: Fear of buttons
- Paraskavedekatriaphobia – Fear of Friday the 13th
- Taphophobia – Fear of being Buried Alive
- Chromophobia - Fear of colours
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - Fear of long words
- Dextrophobia - Fear of objects at the right side of the body
- Pentheraphobia - Fear of Mother-in-Law
- Agyrophobia - Fear of Crossing the Street
- Peladophobia - Fear of Bald People
- Scolionophobia- Fear of school
- Bathmophobia- Fear of stairs or steep slopes (another one that I have)
- Gamophobia-Fear of marriage
- Mnemophobia- Fear of memories
- Obesophobia- Fear of gaining weight (also one of mine)
- Rhytiphobia-Fear of getting wrinkles
- Suriphobia-Fear of mice
- Metrophobia: Fear of poetry
- Lachanophobia:Fear of vegetables
- Tachophobia: Fear of speed
- Caligynephobia: Fear of beautiful women
- Cometphobia: Fear of comets
- Lepidopterophobes: Fear of butterflies (This is a phobia Nicole Kidman has)
- Chilephobia: Fear of chewing gum (Oprah Winfrey's phobia)
- Eisoptrophobia: Fear of your own reflection
- Ablutophobia: Fear of washing or bathing
- Aerophobia: Fear of swallowing air
- Epistemophobia: Fear of knowledge
- Panophobia: Fear of fears
I hope you enjoyed reading about some of these weird phobias, hopefully this article informed you about some new things you might not have known before. If you know of anymore phobias please leave them in the comments below I would love to read about them. Thanks so much for reading!
If you enjoyed this article give these a try!
- The history of Friday the 13th
If your interested in learning about Friday the 13th and superstitions, this ariticle will give you the facts and history about them!
- Random Fun Facts
Did you know that none of the Beatles knew how to read music? Well if your interested in funny facts like that then this is the article for you! Keep reading for more fun random facts.