- Diet & Weight Loss
Low Carb Bread Recipe
Low Carb Muffin
Low Carb Diet
"Low carb" is not just a diet, it is a lifestyle. Low carb diet means less carbohydrates and more fat. This diet is most similar to the original human diet before the arrival of the industrial refined foods, and just as such, provides optimal conditions for good health and normal body weight. Low Carb Diet has other names such as Paleo or Primal, and actually represents an entire movement which has achieved last decade a great popularity and spread to the western countries. The basis of this diet is the real authentic foods like fish, meat, eggs, plenty of different vegetables and healthy natural fats. You can eat full-fat dairy products, nuts and fruit. One should avoid foods high in sugar and starch, such as bread, pasta, various pastries and refined vegetable oils and margarines. It is best to use foods closest to its original form, preferably from organic or homegrown, and avoid the industrial products that are nutritionally poor and contain many artificial additives and harmful chemicals. Only if you use the right food in its original form, you will be healthy, strong, resistant and slim.
The main problem with Low carb diet is that you should not eat bread. For those who cannot imagine life without bread and without sandwiches, here's a great flourless bread recipe.
- 7 oz flaxseeds, finely grounded
- 2 oz sesame seeds, finely grounded
- 2 oz hazelnuts, finely grounded
- 2 oz almond, finely grounded
- 2 oz coconut flour
- 2 oz oat bran, gluten free
- 2 oz butter, melted
- 3.5 oz sour cream
- 9 oz cottage cheese
- 6 pcs eggs
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cumin seeds, whole
- 1/2 tsp ginger, powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom, powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare muffin pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients together (grind flax, sesame, hazelnuts, almonds, coconut or use, if you have flax and coconut meal instead)
- Add wet ingredients, melted butter, eggs, sour cream, cheese and sparkling water. Combine well and stir untill moist.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Pour the mixture into each mini muffin cup.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until it springs back when you touch them (or until toothpick comes out clean).
- Remove from the oven. Let cool 5-10 minutes, then remove gently from the pan.
Step by StepClick thumbnail to view full-size
Low Carb Muffins - Nutrition Facts
|Serving size: 100 gr. / 1 Muffin|
|Calories from Fat||207|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 23 g||35%|
|Saturated fat 7 g||35%|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 9 g||36%|
|Protein 13 g||26%|
|Cholesterol 127 mg||42%|
|Sodium 320 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
- I recommend using unground flax (linseed) rather than ground flax meal. Grinding flax seeds just before cooking improves the taste, plus it’s much easier to store whole seeds.
- Sparkling mineral water adds moisture to the mix and make the texture a bit lighter.
- Using loaf tin instead muffin pan is a good idea.
- You can use some Italian herbs and a bit of parmesan cheese too or try to find your ideal combination.
- As an alternative, try to put some thinly sliced cheddar cheese on top.
When you follow the Low Carb Diet, you actually count Net Carbs, which means the total carbohydrate content of the food minus the fiber content. The Net Carb number reflects the grams of carbohydrate that significantly impact your blood sugar level.
Practically, here you have 15 grams total carbohydrates, minus 9 from fiber, that means, one muffin contains 6 grams of net carbs.
Fibre is very important for your healthy digestion. It is very difficult to get enough of it on a low-carb diet, when you cut out the grains.
This bread (muffin) recipe includes ingredients high in fiber, to help ensure you get enough.
Please rate my favorite Low Carb Bread
Low Carb Diet Tips by habee
- Low-Carb Diet Tips That Work
If you're searching for a diet program, consider the healthy low carb diets. For many people, this diet has provided excellent results, including weight loss, lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar, lower triglycerides, and amazingly, even lower...
One More Excellent Low Carb Bread Recipe by habee
- Low Carb Bread Recipe - Easy and Yummy!
How to make your own low carb bread that's tasty and high in fiber. Easy recipe!
Moist And Easy Mini Corn Dog Muffins Recipe
- Moist And Easy Mini Corn Dog Muffins Recipe
Moist And Easy Mini Corn Dog Muffins Recipe. Enjoy this easy to prepare, party - friendly and budget - friendly recipe.