Memory Care in Los Angeles
If you live in the Los Angeles area and have a loved one diagnosed with dementia, Alzheimer's or other cognitive impairment, you'll find the hundreds of memory care options in Los Angeles daunting. It's a stressful experience watching your loved one slip away mentally. Finding the right care will provide quality of life for them, and peace of mind for you.
Things to Consider
When searching for memory care for your aging parent or other loved one, there are things to consider to help sift through the types of care available. In the early stages of diseases like Alzheimer's, home care is a viable option. Often in-home caregivers include family, friends, and neighbors, but as the disease progresses professional caregivers offer respite care from the 24 hour a day responsibility. When in-home care becomes overwhelming or more than family can provide, there are facilities available that provide memory care in residential settings. These facilities offer an assisted living environment that meets the unique needs associated with progressive memory loss. For those who also require medical care, some skilled nursing care facilities have special care units to provide the care needed. Along with all these options, another thing to thing about is your budget and how you plan to pay for care.
Paying for Long-Term Memory Care
For some, long-term care has been planned for with the purchase of long-term care insurance. Others depend on veteran's benefits or Medicare insurance. The fact is that most assisted living facilities are paid for privately, though some do accept long-term care insurance. However, to qualify for Medicaid your loved one will need to meet certain criteria. For instance they will have to bring in less than $2,000 a month, and other financial restrictions apply. Some of these restrictions will limit what assisted living facilities can be considered.
Memory Care in Los Angeles
There are hundreds of facilities offering memory care in Los Angeles. The following list provides a handful of options to aid you in your search:
- Belmont Village of Hollywood: Assisted Living, Independent Living, Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Daly Care: Residential Care Home, Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Garden of Palms: Assisted Living, Independent Living, Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Glen Park East: Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Glen Park West: Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Regency Park Oak Knoll: Assisted Living, Independent Living, Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Silverado Senior Living - Beverly Place: Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Silverado Senior Living -The Huntington: Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Sunland Living: Residential Care Home, Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Sunny Hills Assisted Living: Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- The Cottages at Melrose Gardens: Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s Memory Care
- Vista Cove of San Gabriel: Assisted Living, Independent Living, Alzheimer’s Memory Care
Family Style Environment Beneficial
Memory care designed to meet the special needs of dementia and Alzheimer's provides residents with an individualized approach to care. Some facilities specialize in non-pharmacological care, so if this is your preference be sure to ask about it when you visit different facilities. Facilities that offer a "family style" environment have proven to benefit those with memory loss. They provide socialization, routine, and practical design elements to help residents function as independently as possible.
- Memory Care in Orange County
Progressive memory loss is most often attributed to dementia, Alzheimer's or other diseases that bring about cognitive decline. Finding the right care solution can be stressful, but help is available to walk you through the process..
- Elder Care in Los Angeles
Once you have a clear understanding of the reality of the needs and level of assistance needed, you can choose one of three types of elder care.
- Assisted Living Options in Los Angeles
Finding the right assisted living home or care facility takes time and research, so get started.