Minerals Which are Good for Golden Age - Benefits of Eating Foods Rich in Minerals
Minerals are essential for our health
Minerals are essential for golden age (fifty and above), minerals which are needed when we grow old. Usually minerals can be found in three ways, food supplements, processed foods through fortification and all the natural foods we found in the supermarkets. Natural foods are grown naturally like herbal plants, vegetables and animals which produced meat like pork, poultry and of course fishes -- which are very rich in minerals. Specifically, fishes are amazingly rich source of minerals like Iodine and Calcium.
There are minerals in natural foods that are good overall for our health, but there are also ones which can poison our body if taken in large amount.
Minerals are subdivided into two large groups and all are of course important to our health but these minerals in this list are the ones needed when we reach the golden age -- fifty plus.. Absorption is also a problem when we are talking about supplements and nutrients in old age.
Natural foods specially vegetables are good source of Minerals
Kinds of Minerals
- Chloride -- chlorine rich foods help people in the old age by maintaining hydration, but this should be taken in minimal amount as it can cause increase in high blood pressure. It is specifically needed by people in the old age as it gives energy to them plus mental agility. it keeps their metabolism to perk and make them stronger.
- Calcium is best for younger and older person and in general those who have problems with their bones, Calcium in the form of milk, yogurt, cheese and dairy products help prevents osteoporosis which is helpful for adults as well as bones become weaker as we grow older. other source of calcium is of course Vitamin D or sunshine vitamins
- Phosphorus are minerals which are also rich in Calcium, it helps us with our bones, teeth and for having energy as it is related to stress and fatigue. It is also good for overall immunity.
- Sodium is also included in salt -- fishes are rich source of sodium. minimal use is recommended as it is bad for cholesterol and high blood pressure. This Substance in conjunction with calcium and phosphorus helps in the overall working of water in our body. It is helpful for adults in the old age for hydration purposes.
- Potassium works well with the nervous system and tissues of the bodies like nerves. This is in conjunction with calcium and sodium for the proper maintenance of body. Bananas in particular plus other fruits and vegetables should be eaten as it is rich in potassium.
- Sulphur -- When you are growing older your nails and hair needs nourishment and sulphur is the answer, it gives glow to your body's extremities and your hair will become glossy and lively.it can be found in eggs, onion and meat -- red meat as well
- Iron helps with blood regulation and it can make you feel livelier. Fruits and vegetables are rich inIron, it is also best for pregnant women, People in the old age needs this to stay healthier ad livelier, plus when people in the old age cant sleep they need iron supplement as the are tired always for lack of sleep. Sleeping pattern problem is serious in old age.
- Zinc makes you feel livelier even if you re feeling tired or are stressed out, It helps in the immunity system as well, it is good for old people as it keeps you alive, but if it is taken it large amount it is poisonous.
- Manganese is helpful in blood clotting and hormones specially for those who are into perimenopausal and menopausal women, it helps them in hormonal balances.
- Iodine is very helpful because it makes old age seems easy, for brain stimulation and for memories, retention and for overall systems in your thyroid specially when we grow old as we faced hormonal imbalances and we suffer from hypo or hyperthyroidism as well, sea foods are very rich source of Iodine, including iodized salts.
- Vitamin Supplements for a Vegan Breastfeeding Mom
A Vegan Mom When youre a mom, you need all the strength in the world to take care of your children, aside from the households demands and the many day to day little problems you need to face. I started...
- Steps on How to Enjoy Healthy Cooking with Your Children
mom and kids preparing meal, just be careful wih knives with children Healthy cooking is very important in total eating plans. I am a mom who juggle my time doing household chores, taking care and...
- Understanding food allergy : notes from a mom who had it
I had food allergy myself when I was a kid, My struggles with food and changing seasons allergies are like struggles for a lifetime, but I am glad I survived it. It brought back not so nice memories when you...
other healthy hubs you can read
- The verdict is not yet in whether "antioxidants" can cure or prevent cancer
Cancer is a consistent top five killer disease in the world today. It is a degenerative disease in that the affected organs will deteriorate and mutate to other organs killing healthy cells and can kill the...
- Five Steps to Healthy Cooking
Healthy cooking is very important to the overall process of healthy meal planning. Healthy meal planning is the overall task of food preparation. We are going to look at the five easy steps to healthy...
- Foods that are Rich in Dietary Minerals and its Benefits
Dietary minerals are like vitamins which can be found in natural food, as well as food supplements. Minerals are essential to our health and they are in fact needed by our body for optimum overall health....
- Food Additives add Life to Food and Shorten Life; is this True?
Have you wonder about what makes food lasts in cans, provide nice colors, thickens and what make it more appealing and you want to eat them right away? That is food additives in the making. How about garlic,...