Reduce Your Anxiety With These Top 20 Natural Remedies
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a constant, intense worry and fear over anything and everything. Anxiety can affect your everyday life. Symptoms of Anxiety are;
- Excessive worry
- Racing thoughts
- Shortness of breath
- Uncontrollable shaking of the body
- Unable to concentrate
- Nausea and/or vomiting
- Rabid heart rate
These symptoms vary for each person.
"You don't have to control your thoughts. You have to quit letting them control you."— Dan Millman
Natural home remedies for anxiety
- A healthy diet and exercise- If you take care of your body, you soon will feel much better physically, in turn, this will make you feel better mentally.
- Regular sleep schedule- Are you getting enough sleep? Sleep is essential for overall health. It is important to get at least 8 hours of sleep and no more or less than that. If you get too much or too little, it can make your body and mind feel awful.
- Relaxation exercises- Try breathing deep in and out slowly for 5 minutes to calm yourself down quickly. If that does not help you, you could also try to take a warm with Epsom salts.
- Lavender- Add lavender essential oil to your bath water or essential oil diffuser. Lavender is a flowery herb that is a natural mood stabilizer used by many to calm down their mood.
- Avoid caffeinated drinks- Caffeine jitters can worsen your anxiety. The shakiness that caffeine creates an effect that causes your body to think it has gone through a traumatic experience. Caffeine can even trigger an anxiety attack.
"Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action."— Walter Anderson
6. Avoid alcohol and nicotine- They can also cause jitters and trigger a brain response and possibly trigger an anxiety attack.
7. Therapy- The therapist can help teach you to control your emotions and help you find ways to deal with them.
8. Chamomile tea- This light tea can help calm you down because of the anti-anxiety properties.
9. Dark chocolate- Proven to reduce stress due to its rich source of polyphenols and essential flavonoids. A bonus, it can also help improve blood flow.
10. Green Tea- This tea is certain to help mood disorder since it contains theanine. Theanine has anti-anxiety and calming effects.
"Present fears and less than horrible imaginings."— William Shakespeare
11. Turkey- As many already know turkey can make you very sleepy, but not only does it make you sleepy, but it also makes you feel calm.
12. Chia Seeds- A good source of Omega 3s. Eating this every day will improve your health and your mood.
13. Smoothies- Containing fruits such as Strawberry, blueberries, raspberries, and bananas. These fruits are proven to help your moods.
14. Pumpkin Seeds- An excellent source of potassium in which can help balance out your blood pressure. High potassium foods help reduce stress and anxiety.
15. The sun- Being out in the sun while your skin is absorbing all of the vitamin D can help stabilize your moods. The sun is one of the best ways to help your overall moods.
"Hey you, keep living. It won't always be this overwhelming."— Jacqueline Whitney
16. Eggs yolk- Eggs have protein in them. Proteins such as eggs, meats, and fish can also help reduce your anxiety.
17. Brazil Nuts- Selenium is the vitamin inside the brazil nut which is an anti-inflammatory natural medicine which can also help your moods.
18. Stop smoking- It has been proven that smoking makes you more suitable for anxiety. Smoking causes you to become shaky and anything that causes you to be shaky can increase your chances of having anxiety or an anxiety attack.
19. Meditation- Meditating every day for at least an hour can help clear your mind of all unwanted thoughts.
20. Support- Having someone there for you whenever you need them can also help improve your mood. Everyone needs someone to support them and listen to them.
"Smile, breathe, and go slowly."— Thich Nhat Hanh
Was this article helpful?
© 2019 Miranda Scott