- Personal Health Information & Self-Help
Self Improvement: 101 Questions toward Personal Growth
Knowing your true identity is crucial for many reasons. For one, if you are seeking out a potential life partner, you want to find someone compatible with who you really are. Also, if you don’t know your tastes in life, you may tend to “blend” or “mesh” with the person you are around the most. This can be a temporary smoke screen, hiding who you really are behind another person’s interests.
Finally, if you have built your self image around what society wants you to be, you may be denying your true nature. It will in time reveal itself. If it doesn’t, you will stay bottled up and later be unhappy with whom you have turned out to be.
Ask yourself these questions and get to know yourself so that you can be confident in whom you are.
How to Get to Know Yourself
Get out a notepad and pen or pencil.
Answer the 101 questions as honestly as possible.
Do not beat yourself up if you have trouble answering the questions. Take your time.
How well do you think you know yourself?
1. What is your dream job?
2. If you had one wish, what would it be?
3. What do you think your eulogy and/or obituary will be like?
4. What do you think your future husband or wife will be like?
5. What do you think your future children will be like and/or look like?
6. How long do you think you will live?
7. What do you plan to do when you retire?
8. What dream have you not accomplished but hope to yet?
9. Do you play any instruments?
10. What are your hobbies?
11. Can you do any arts and crafts?
12. Do you like pets?
13. What is your favorite sport?
14. Who is your favorite athlete?
15. What is your favorite color?
16. What is your favorite number and why?
17. What is your favorite shape and why?
18. What is your favorite brand of cell phone?
19. Who is your favorite celebrity?
20. What makes you laugh the most?
21. What would you say are your top five interests?
22. What was your favorite subject in High School and/or College?
23. What do you spend most of your free time doing?
24. What is your favorite genre of movies?
25. What is your favorite genre of books?
26. What is your favorite genre of music?
27. What is your favorite city and why?
28. What kind of television shows do you watch?
29. What is your favorite food?
30. What is your favorite drink?
31. What is your favorite smell?
32. What is your favorite type of flower or plant?
Handbook of Self and Identity
This book covers theory and research on self. It also handles social and cultural dynamics. A reader can gain self awareness and a new sense of identity. The self motivation and emotional advice provided by this book helps readers develop interpersonal behavior, self development, self esteem, health issues, and mindfulness.
33. Do you go to church regularly?
34. Can you swim?
35. What is your favorite exercise?
36. Do you have people in your life that you frequently argue with?
37. What is the most important thing to you?
38. Do you still ask your parents for advice and obey them?
39. In one word, how would you describe yourself?
40. Are you a spiritual person?
41. What are you the most well known for?
42. Which holiday is your favorite?
43. What is your favorite outfit?
44. How do you think your hair looks the best?
45. What is your biggest fear?
46. Who do you trust the most?
47. Do you have any addictions?
48. How would your friends describe you?
49. How would your exes describe you?
50. How would your bosses and co-workers (past and current) describe you?
51. Do you feel like you are ready for a serious relationship?
52. Do you enjoy domestic activities such as cooking or cleaning?
53. Who is the most important person in your life?
54. How important is money to you?
55. Are you looking forward to marriage?
56. Who makes you the most happy in your life?
57. Who makes you the most upset in your life?
58. What political party do you associate yourself with?
59. Do you believe in God?
60. How close are you to your family?
61. How important are family values to you?
62. Do you want a traditional family someday?
63. Do you have traditional or modern values?
64. Do you value holidays?
65. How important is God to you?
66. When do you feel happiest?
67. When were you the most excited?
68. When did you feel your best?
69. When do you feel saddest?
70. What motivates you?
71. When do you feel most bored?
72. Do you feel attractive or are there things you wish to change about yourself?
73. When do you feel the loneliest?
74. When do you feel the most confident?
75. When do you feel the most afraid?
The Self Esteem Journal: A 10 Week Program
This project provides readers with simple exercises that they can learn and use when and wherever they need them. The program teaches the reader to vocalize their feelings, conquer any self doubt, discover their strengths and weaknesses, and change the way they think if needed.
76. What was your most traumatic experience?
77. Have you ever been to a catered party?
78. Have you ever been ballroom dancing?
79. When were you the happiest?
80. When did you feel the most loved in your life?
81. When were you the sickest in your life?
82. Have you ever been hospitalized?
83. When were you the most embarrassed?
84. When were you the most in love?
85. Have you ever been in a long term relationship?
86. Have you ever been known as a “player” to others?
87. What was your worst relationship like?
88. What was your best relationship like?
89. When did you fight the most with your parents?
90. How many states have you visited?
Self esteem is essential for our survival. This book discusses self worth, self awareness, self values, and the forms self identity takes. This book helps you define who you are, analyze who you are, and judge who you are. You must accept yourself or change into someone you love.
91. When do you think you looked your best?
92. Why did your best relationship end?
93. Why did your worst relationship end?
94. What was it like for you in grade school?
95. What type of person were you as a teenager?
96. Did you do well in school?
97. Did you have any enemies as a kid?
98. Who was your best friend as a child?
99. Who impressed you the most in your life?
100. Who have you admired the most in your life?
101. Who have you admired the least in your life?
Are You Ready for Your First Date?
- Top 10 Tips for Your First Online Date
First dates can be grueling. Ensure that don’t have a terrible time by planning in advance. Make sure that your first online date is a success by following these ten easy tips.
Are You Ready for Engagement?
- Engagement: A Marriage Proposal in a Relationship before a Lifelong Commitment
The engagement period is the time to prepare for the wedding and grow as a couple emotionally. An engagement can reduce grief, pain, problems, and disappointments in the future.
If you have trouble answering these questions, consider keeping a journal. As you go about your week, write down things you are confident you like and dislike. Get to know yourself. Don’t turn into a society drone. Be well-rounded, and you will find that many more opportunities will knock on your door.
For example, title the journal "My Preferences" and write down things such as:
- I love sushi.
- I hate onions.
- I think Die Hard is my favorite movie.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I would like to read 10 books this year.
Write down anything you can think of, so that you can later study it and make sure you like yourself. It is emotionally and mentally challenging to love yourself when you don't even know who you really are. Take the time to get to know yourself well, so that you don't "mesh" with someone else. Be independent, which will make you confident.
Pictures: The images in this website were provided by Michele Jones.
HubPages: Feel free to ask a direct question regarding this article in the comment section. If you found this article to be useful or interesting, please:
- Rate it
- Share it
- Leave a comment or question
Thanks for stopping by!