Sunshine's Pet Peeves
What is a Pet Peeve?
Pet Peeve: An irritating experience caused by others in which you cannot control.
We all have pet peeves. Probably more then we think we do, we just might not recognize them as pet peeves.
While some peeves are annoying the might still be tolerable. There are some peeves that we can do something about and some we can't.
We could try to avoid them or maybe even start to appreciate some.
No matter how much you think you might detest a pet peeve just maybe you could learn to adjust to them. Or maybe not.
For your entertainment and possibly education I am listing my pet peeves. We could possibly share one or two or all of them.
My ABC's of Pet Peeves
- Allergies whether caused by the environment or food are annoying! Need I say more?
- Bills. Why can't we skip a month every now and then? I think it should be a law!
- Calories! Why must everything that taste yummy have so many calories?
- Dust-bunnies. No matter how much we dust, they reappear. So I stopped dusting.
- Egos might exist on your planet but not on mine. Keep your self-love to yourself.
- Fragrances by celebrities! It's out of control with how many celebrities have their own scent. One word - wannabe.
- Gnats. Why is it we can swat a fly with ease but a gnat can always get away.
- Haters are so negative! Show the love it's healthier and reduces stress.
- Incompetence. If you can't do the job right then step aside and admit defeat.
- Junk food leads to obesity which in turn causes havoc on your health. Tone your body up not out.
To Peeve or Not to Peeve
- Kisses made by Hershey's. It takes longer to unwrap one then to eat one!
- Laziness. Lazy days are allowed to a point! Being active is the way to go!
- Medical doctors can be so clueless at times! Don't think because you graduated that educating yourself is over. New studies and findings are discovered everyday. Don't wait for your patients to tell you what they are - do your research!
- Never-ending drama can be left at the door. Life's to short to be miserable. We all have baggage and our loads to carry. It is what it is. No sense harping on it.
- Orange tans. Some people just don't know when enough is enough with worshiping the sun or the tanning beds! Trust me, we know, we just don't mention it.
- Pedophiles. Wish there was a magic wand that would make them all vanish.
- Excessive questions. I have so many that I annoy myself at times! Why, what, where, when, how - enough already Sunshine!
- Robust people. Seriously, is anyone really that happy? Even Sunshine has off days!
- Status updates on Facebook and Twitter. Unless it's the real deal don't post it. We don't want our feed cluttered with false information regarding the life you wish you had.
- Typos. We all make them. They are inevitable. Repetitive typos are a no-go. We are supposed to learn from our mistakes not continually make them.
- Underwear commercials. Come on do we really need to go there? Some things are just better left "private."
- Vices. I wish I had less but I'm an addictive person. I'd rather have the addictions I have then the ones I don't have.
- Wanting more and doing nothing to achieve those goals. If you want it do something about it.
- Xrays emit too much radiation when used in excess. Be your own health advocate and know the warnings.
- Yelling. You can certainly get your point across without raising your voice.
- Zumba dancing. I'll never be a pro or even a novice because I'm too uncoordinated. Oh well...I always have musical chairs to keep me in shape. I'm used to being dizzy.
“I don't have pet peeves, I have whole kennels of irritation” Whoopi Goldberg
Did I list any of your Pet Peeves?
© 2011 Linda Bilyeu