- Diet & Weight Loss
The EASIEST way to get a HOT body
Diet Yes we have heard it time and time again...those dreaded words. But who wants to count calories, measure servings, cut out everything they love only to find they lost a measly pound that week? certainly not me! So here's the deal.....You have your standard three meals a day. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. Only oneof these meals your are going to load up on fuel a.k.a. empty carbs. These are the carbs we obtain from white bread (the enemy), White rice, pasta....you get the idea - all the stuff we love and crave. The reason for limiting our carb intake is because our bodies take approximately 1 hour (60 minutes) for our body to process our glucose through the pancreas. Anything that is left hour is stored as fat (yes the donuts really do go to our butt!). So the trick is to only take enough in for our body to use as energy. This is not the same as low-carb or no-carb diets. Limiting your carb intake to less than 50% or none at all is extremely bad for our bodies. Our bodies need carbs just as they need sleep. The key is to the AMOUNT and TIMES we are in-taking them. So here is an example menu:
- Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with bacon, with or without cheese (don't overdue the cheese though)
- Lunch - Chef Salad with diet coke
- Dinner - Yup you guessed it - YOUR choice. Anything your heart desires. If you are going to have a glass of wine or alcoholic beverage - have it within this hour.
You may also switch it up and have your carbs at lunch....say you are meeting a friend at Chili's for lunch...order that Cheeseburger club with fries...just make sure you do not have BAD carbs for breakfast or lunch.
* also if you find that you are not losing at least 2-2.5 pds per week, add a cup of salad BEFORE your reward meal.
I have done this diet myself and recommended it to millions of people and the results are always the same - QUICK and EASY. You are not craving anything or depriving your body of anything.....So go get what is rightfully yours ..... a HOT body!!!
Good Luck and enjoy!!!!!!!
Work it!!!!Yes it is a no brainer that if you burn calories, you will lose calories and lose pds. However most people DREAD the thought of exercising....here's the thing - everyone is different and likes different things. We all don't have the same car and we shouldn't all be expected to do the same kind of exercise. I personally hate the gym, I don't like having other people around me, but I like to work out. I found that exercise dvds are the best for me. I make a commitment to do them the same time everytime and I don't give myself a choice. There are all kinds of exercise: Dancing, walking, DVD's, the gym, biking, swimming, hiking, rock climbing...the list is endless. You just have to find the best one for YOU. Weights will help you lose the weight the QUICKEST. The reason? Weights build muscle and muscle burns calories around the clock - EVEN WHEN WE ARE SLEEPING. So what kind of EASY exercises are there with weights? I like compound exercises because they will burn twice as much calories in one exercise. Here are a few to get you started:
- Dead lifts (great for butt and legs) - in this exercise you will stand with your feet about 2 inches apart a weight (start off with 3 or 5 if you don't normally do these, work up to more, or a soup can) in each hand and "squat" into an imaginary seat. start out doing your max without being winded and eventually work up to 25 reps.
- Shoulder raise/Bicep (Great for shoulders and arms)- Stand with your feet about 2 inches apart hold weights (start off with 5-10, you should be able to do 12 good ones with good form) by your shoulders, palms facing outward, lift weights above head but be sure to not slam the weights together, when you reach the top reverse wrist so that palms are not facing you drop down wrists so they are level to your chest and unbend elbow so that palms are fingers are now pointing down and palms are facing the forward again.
- Side ab stretch (Yes your catching on...great for abs!) - Stand with feet about 2 inches apart hold one weight in your hand that is hanging by your side (start out with 3pds or a soup can) lift arm up over and bend at waist, point fingers towards the hand with the weight while above head. Make sure to bend at the waist and flex abs.
Also - always warm up a couple minutes prior to and stretch for a few minutes after. Jumping jacks are a great cardio exercise and burn a TON of calories!
Pictures after my results...I was too embarassed to take pics before!
Tips and Tricks
Here are the tips and tricks I have learned along the way......
- Liquids are an enemy in disguise! Many people have sugary sodas, coffees with cream and sugar, iced teas and Gatorade's and don't realize that these drinks are adding up to 1000 extra calories a day. A killer - Alcohol. A glass of red wine can contain up to 400 calories in one glass!!! If you must continue to drink alchohol - drink something clear...a glass of Barcardi and Diet Coke is a great choice. And Guiness beer which has less calories than skim milk. Stop drinking anything you think maybe a culprit for 2 weeks and see if there is a difference...I would rather have a cheeseburger than a glass of Mountain Dew myself....
- Drink water when your hungry. One thing that works for me is if I get those crystal light packages and put them in a water bottle, anytime I am hungry I just guzzle some of that.
- If I am extra tired, I get hungry ....this is when the water trick comes in handy.
- Beware of hidden calories...the Applebees Asian chicken salad has 1400 calories in it! That is more than a big mac meal!!!!!! Use your brain...if it is loaded with yummy dressing, tons of cheese and fried chicken, it is probably not the best choice...unless it is your REWARD meal :)
- Snack, snack and more snack....The snacks are the key in making this thing work...don't let yourself get hungry! Snack on almonds, pistachios (those are great cause they take effort to open, its hard to pig out), cheese sticks, fruit, wheat pretzels etc
- Another way to burn calories effortlessly is to buy a Heart Monitor Watch. It will tell you how many calories you are burning whether you are working out, walking, or just cleaning the house. I was shocked to learn I burnt 150 calories just from vacuuming! You can find some cheap ones on eBay....I will put a link.
- A great option for a low carb lunch on the go is at Burger King...they offer low carb whoppers. You just ask for it low carb. They put the patty in a container with all the fixings and give you a fork and knife....its yummy!
- You can go to LiquifyMyBod and you upload your photo there, they will transform your photo to what you will look like at your goal weight..print it and tape it to your fridge!!
Calorie Watch - Impove your weight loss!
Check this fitness for kids!
- Fitness Products for Children
Fitness for children of today is much different than when we were a child or our parents were children. Many schools have cut back on physical education programs due to school budgets. More and more children...