Law of Attraction: An Introduction
The law of attraction is a concept that has gained significant traction over the past few years. We see movie stars, entrepreneurs, sportsmen and so many other famous people talking about this. A book called 'The Secret' by Rhonda Bryne, was instrumental in popularizing this concept.
So what exactly does this law state? Can this law really change your life? Is it based on scientific facts or is it just a philosophy ?
Read on to find out !
Your thoughts create your reality. This is the most fundamental concept of the law of attraction. Every thought has a certain energy associated with it. When you are thinking, you are also projecting these thoughts into the Universe. The Universe responds by creating a reality that is consistent with your thoughts. It might take some time for your thoughts to manifest into reality. But it will definitely happen.
Law of nature
What we need to understand is that this is a law of nature. It will work no matter what. Your opinion is immaterial. For example, let's say you don't believe in the law of gravity. That does not mean that you will float in the air. The laws of nature apply equally to everyone and there are no exceptions. Such is the case with the law of attraction.
Waterfalls are one of nature's most beautiful creations. Due to the law of gravity, water falls from a greater height to a lower height. This knowledge has helped us in building hydroelectric power stations. They convert the gravitational force of earth into electrical energy which is useful to us. Similarly, knowledge of the law of attraction can help you develop tools that will significantly improve your life.
“Everything is energy and that is all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.”— Albert Einstein
In the law of attraction, the subconscious mind plays a very important role. It was found that the average person has about 12,000 to 60,000 thoughts per day. And the percentage of conscious thoughts was a mere 5%. So, 95% of our thoughts are subconscious.
A chain reaction
The repeated thoughts in your mind become a part of your beliefs. Your beliefs alter the way you look at things. There is always more than one perspective to any situation. But the perspective you choose to see will be the one that coincides with your beliefs. Your outlook will create thoughts of similar nature and reiterate your beliefs. Your beliefs are deep rooted in your subconscious mind which is responsible for a majority of thoughts. So we can infer that 95% of your thoughts are a result of your beliefs.
Law of attraction
Every thought does not manifest into reality. The thought must have a certain amount of energy associated with it in order for it to manifest.
Repetition makes a thought more powerful. The main reason for the repetition of certain thoughts is our belief systems. So in order to attract the things we want, we must alter our beliefs. We must rewire our subconscious mind through our conscious mind. Using the 5% of our thoughts over which we have control, we must consciously establish a powerful pattern. When we do this, the other 95% will automatically follow.
Hinduism places great importance on the importance of prayer. We have a system of prayer more elaborate than any other religion. It is believed that if you pray to god your wishes shall be granted. Advaitic philosophy preaches the non-duality of one's soul and the ultimate soul. In simple words, according to this philosophy " I am God". So, if we connect the dots we can assume that we're actually praying to ourselves. We're creating the belief that we are going to receive something. And that belief is what gives us the result.
"All things are possible for one who believes." - Mark 9:23. There are many verses in The Holy Bible which talk about the importance of belief. They are interpreted differently from a religious perspective. But all those verses make complete sense in the context of the law of attraction as well. I would definitely like to believe that this isn't mere coincidence.
"Ask, and it shall be given you. Seek, and you shall find. Knock, and it shall be opened unto you."— . Mathew 7:7
I hope that you have gained a basic understanding of the law of attraction. It is an immensely powerful law that can make miracles happen if used correctly. I have attached the links to my other articles on this topic. Please do read them as well. I hope this knowledge positively impacts your life as much as it has impacted mine. Get ready to live your best life!