- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions»
- Chronic Pain
What Are Autologous Platelet Rich Plasma Injections and How They Help With Foot Pain
What is Platelet Rich Plasma Injection?
Platelet Rich Plasma Injection is a new treatment procedure resembling the popular prolotherapy. The technology, which is widely used in dentistry and orthopedic surgeries, uses the patients blood, which is composed of some amount of plasma, for injection unlike in prolotherapy. The popularity of the method is based on its healing and low risk infection properties. This state-of-the-art procedure has proven ideal for the treatment of chronic conditions including those painful sport injuries, foot pains, Achilles tendinitis, back pains, Osteoarthritis, discogenic low back pain and planter fadscitis among others.
Why Platelet Rich Plasma Injections?
Platelet rich plasma injections has unique properties for the treatment of all chronic pains. Once injected into the bloodstream stream, it takes less time for the patient to go back to their routine active life. Many sportsman and women are prone to heel conditions and any pain that lasts longer than three months platelet rich plasma injection is now being recommended by team doctors and surgeons as well.
When To Go For Platelet Rich Plasma Injection?
This is not a simple procedure and thorough clinical investigation is required. This includes both musculoskeletal and neurological examination to be sure of the condition. The most common heel pain cause in most cases than not is the tarsal tunnel syndrome.
Common Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment Options
• The most common option for chronic heel pain lasting for weeks is restriction of the affected foot or heel. This is accompanied by 15 minutes of icing three times the day. This pain management program also includes anti-inflammatory sessions of stretching the calf and wearing of the correct shoes to cushion the patients body weight since this helps in preventing plantar fasciitis.
• If the pain continues for more than five months a fresh medical check is done on the condition. MRI or magnetic resonance imaging is performed to detect any soft tissue and bone injuries of the heel. Once ascertained the doctor may recommend other treatment options like extracorporeal shockwave therapy or platelet rich plasma injection among others.
Key Platelet Rich Plasma Benefits
• Since this is a highly concentrated platelets obtained from the blood plasma, it helps in fast healing when used as a surgical fusion. This is ideal for chronic tendon injury treatment.
• Platelet rich plasma decreases pain while increasing activity leading to faster recovery and improved energy levels.
Why Use Platelets For Foot Pain?
• Platelets have the ability to circulate through the body tissues using plasma as their medium. This way, they help in blood clotting.
• Platelets are known to distribute the white blood cells to injured tissues and soothing them for fast healing while cleaning up the dead blood cells.
• Once the injured tissues are cleaned, the platelets rejuvenate them got for quick repair regeneration and healing.
In a nutshell, autologoud platelet rich plasma injection once applied reduces heel pain by aiding quick tissue repair and bone regeneration. It also revitalizes the blood vessels and wound healing among other benefits.
Are There Side Effects of Platelet Rich Plasma Injection?
Contrary to popular belief in the sporting world platelet rich plasma injection is not doping of the blood. This is a legal and safe way of speeding up the recovery turn around for many sportsmen and women. Athletes and their doctors prefer it because once used, peak performance is achieved very fast.
On the other hand, it is better than the conventional operation. It has became one of the most sought after therapy since the only side effects known are increased pain around the injury spot.
Though precautions against infections are put in place, the serum injecting tools are sterilized but the area, if skin is broken, can be infections entry point.
Some patients might not necessarily respond to the treatment and pain might continue. This might not be a side effect as such and studies are ongoing to understand why there is variance in response in different patients
In rare cases, allergies have been recorded. Some patients bodies reject their own serum and alternative methods sought.
Blood clots and discoloration of the skin might appear which is normal during the healing process. These side effects though are quite minimal compared to the benefits.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy and Sexual Dysfunction
Once we reach a certain age, most of us could use a little boost in the bedroom. It could be physical. There could be emotional sexual wellness issues, or a matter of the old fires growing a little
- Plasma Donation for Money
You have probably donated blood before, but did you know you can donate your blood plasma as well. Plasma is in high demand and many plasma donations centers will pay you money to donate your plasma. You are being paid for your time, not the plasma,.
- Plasma Donation -- Benefits to Recipients
A lot of people know how important it is to donate blood, but did you know that donating your plasma is just as important? What is plasma? Plasma is the liquid portion of your blood. It consists mostly of water and small amounts of proteins. ...
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injection Therapy, PRP
At the moment, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection therapy is the most hyped orthopedic treatment on the planet. Tiger had several PRP shots post-ACL surgery, and Hines Ward swears it's all that got him and his badly sprained MCL, through last year’