- Diseases, Disorders & Conditions
Urinary Tract Infection Natural Remedies
Pain and Burning Feeling
Do you get a burning or painful sensation when using the bathroom? What about pain in your lower abdomen or back? If so, you may have an urinary tract infection or UTI. Here are some ways to know the causes, symptoms, and prevention methods to relieving and curing a UTI.
There are certain things that irritate the urinary tract which consists of the bladder and kidneys. If the bladder or kidney is irritated, it disrupts the urinary tract system and causes issues with emptying the bladder. Any kind of germs or infection can cause the urinary tract to get infected and cause to act improperly. Contracting an UTI is very painful and usually worsen day by day. Detecting it early can prevent future pain or damage to the urinary tract system. Most women than men contract an UTI because the bladder of a woman sits lower than a man, and it tends to receive more germs. Drinking plenty of water and emptying out the bladder usually controls the urinary tract and keeps it clean from toxins and germs.
Home Remedies To Treating UTI
- Drinking plenty of water
- Unsweetened cranberry juice
- AZO pills with or without cranberry extract
- A mixture of baking soda and warm water (1/2 teaspoon)
- Avoiding sodas, cheese, dairy products, beer, caffeine, and alcohol
- Drinking fresh fruit juice
- Vitamin C juice like orange juice
- Taking an Aleve or pain pill(My own remedy along with water, hot compress,and AZO)
- Urinating as soon as you have the urge, DO NOT HOLD THE URINE this make it worse
- Staying away from sugar
Suffering From An UTI
If you have an UTI and you have tried the natural remedies and they did not work within three days, you will need to seek medical attention immediately. Let them know all of your symptoms that way they can come up with a diagnosis to what is going on and how to treat you. It is better to get it treated early than to wait on it because it worsen during that amount of time. If it continues to happen let the doctor know this, that way they can come up with a solution to preventing it from happening again.
Symptoms and Causes
The causes for UTI is different in each person but the main causes are germs that have traveled from the urethra of the body to the kidneys and bladder. Other causes are having sex without urinating afterwards, not drinking enough water, kidney stones, pregnancy, diabetes, or an enlarged prostate in men.
The symptoms for an urinary tract infection are:
- Pain and burning during urination
- The feeling of having to urinate but nothing comes out when you go
- A heavy or full feeling in the stomach
- Cloudy or smelly urine
- Fever and chills
- Pain in the lower back
- Nausea and vomiting
Website Resources on UTI
- Medical Information & Trusted Health Advice: Healthline
Healthline provides trusted health information, free tools, news and doctor-reviewed resources to encourage a healthy living for you and your loved ones.
- WebMD - Better information. Better health.
The leading source for trustworthy and timely health and medical news and information. Providing credible health information, supportive community, and educational services by blending award-winning expertise in content, community services, expert co
- Mayo Clinic
- Health.gov | Your Portal to Health Information from the U.S. Government
Health.gov is your portal for health related resources and news from the US government. Find prevention topics, dietary and physical activity guidelines, and other health resources.
Urinary or Bladder Related Articles
- Home Remedies for Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Article focuses on easy ways to treat or relieve urinary tract infection at home. Includes signs and symptoms of bladder infections as well as advice on when to see the doctor.
- Urinary Tract Infection Home Remedies: Your Guide to...
If you have experienced urinary tract infection (UTI) at least once in your life, then surely you know how painful it is. But I have good news for you: there IS a relief to this agonizing problem. Natural home remedies to treat UTI have already been
- How Do You Know If You Have A Bladder Infection: Sym...
There are many people that have had a bladder infection before in their lifetime and there are others that continously get it. Many people search online and read books to find out how to get rid of it or take tests to find out if they really do. So..