- Alternative & Natural Medicine
What is nutmeg? What are the health benefits? Nutmeg, a home remedy
High blood pressure in Pregnancy? Here is a home remedy
Nutmeg, the wonder spice
Nutmeg that is otherwise named as jaiphal or jathi kai has innumerable health benefits. The health benefits of nutmeg are not known to many. Nutmeg is a spice taken from nutmeg plant. The seed nutmeg is taken from the fleshy nutmeg fruit in nutmeg tree.
Health benefits of nutmeg
Nutmeg has innumerable health benefits. Nutmeg is a great remedy for stomach ailments. It is also effective for asthma and vomiting. Nutmeg powder is very useful for stomach problems in infants and toddlers. Nutmeg, in small quantities, when applied to skin can reduce acne problems. Nutmeg can also reduce nausea problems. Nutmeg can help teeth and gum infections. The antibacterial property of nutmeg makes it a remedy for stomach worms and mouth diseases. Oil from nutmeg can heal aching tooth and reduce bad breath problems. Nutmeg consumption, in small amounts, has also been found useful for curing Alzheimer’s disease. Nutmeg can mitigate gas problem and indigestion problem in adults and children. Nutmeg can solve lack of appetite problem. Nutmeg has a special ability to stimulate brain and relieve stress. Nutmeg would refresh your mind and sharpen your concentration abilities. Everyone can consume nutmeg at least once in a week to solve multiple issues in your body.
Nausea ? Here are some simple ginger recipes to try in Pregnancy
Essential oil can be extracted from nutmeg. Oil can be extracted from the dry seeds and leaves of nutmeg tree. Nutmeg oil is found to be a cure for nausea, chronic diarrhea, and rheumatic arthritis pain in joints and bones. Few drops of nutmeg oil can be consumed with honey. This would also relieve sleeping problems, anxiety and depression.
Toddler diarrhea and cold - home remedies
Arrowroot for infant diarrhea and stomach upset
Nutmeg for pain relief
Nutmeg paste when applied around the navel area would cure stomach pain and stomach worms problems. Nutmeg oil, when massaged in muscles would cure muscle pain.
How to eat nutmeg
Nutmeg powder or nutmeg paste can be consumed with warm water or milk. If consumed with milk before going to bed, nutmeg would stimulate your sleep.
Nutmeg as a tea masala; nutmeg in varieties of food products
Nutmeg is widely used in cough syrups, cooking masala and oils. Nutmeg powder can be added in small amounts to tea to increase taste and qualities. It is also an ingredient of noodles masala, soup jambu fruit s, chips, and sauces. Nutmeg powder can also be added to wine and juices.
Other Indian herbs and spices with healing properties
- Saffron whitens skin; Rose flower petal for rose cheeks and lips; hibiscus for long and healthy hair, hibiscus preventing cancer; lotus and marigold for skin
- Indian herbal drink that cools body - A natural drink with medicinal properties. Forget soft drinks and artificial squash drinks. Use sarsaparilla drink
- A wonder diet for summer - Arrowroot can cure stomach heat, loose motion, stomach pain and urinary tract infection.
- Cumin seed, fennel seed, Nigella seed and Purple fleebane, effective remedies for gastric problem
- Vayambu for infant colic, gas problem and indigestion. Why infants are given paste of vayambu or vasambu
- Keezhar nelli for jaundice. How keezhar nelli cures urinary infection, jaundice, kidney problems, gallbladder stones and tuberculosis?
- Why you should eat asafetida, black pepper, anise seed, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves
- Indian spices that heal bronchitis, asthma, jaundice, leprosy, ulcer, mouth sores, chicken pox scars. Know more about the healing properties of Indian spices and medicinal herbs that heals