Cumin seed, fennel seed, Nigella seed and Purple fleebane, effective remedies for gastric problem
Cumin seed as a home remedy
Cumin seed (jeerakam in malayalam, seerakam in tamil, jeera or jira in hindi) is a body warming food. Many of us are under the wrong impression that cumin is a cooling food. Cumin seeds and all other seeds belonging to the cumin seed family make body heat. Other seeds belonging to cumin family are Fennel seeds (a popular spice used in dishes, perumjeerakam in Malayalam)), Nigella seeds (kalonji in Hindi, karum jeeragam in tamil, karinjeerakam in Malayalam) and Purple fleebane (vanya jeeraka in hindi, kattujeerakam in Malayalam). All these varieties of cumin seeds are body warming. Cumin seed is therefore useful in winter. Decoction of cumin seed is recommended as a winter drink. Cumin seed is used in varieties of Indian dishes, especially vegetarian dishes.
Other Indian spices that heal
- Saffron whitens skin; Rose flower petal for rose cheeks and lips; hibiscus for long and healthy hair, hibiscus preventing cancer; lotus and marigold for skin
- The best home remedy for stomach pain, diarrhoea and indigestion for adults and children.
- Indian herbal drink that cools body - A natural drink with medicinal properties. Forget soft drinks and artificial squash drinks. Use sarsaparilla drink
- A wonder diet for summer - Arrowroot can cure stomach heat, loose motion, stomach pain and urinary tract infection.
- Cumin seed, fennel seed, Nigella seed and Purple fleebane, effective remedies for gastric problem
- Vayambu for infant colic, gas problem and indigestion. Why infants are given paste of vayambu or vasambu
- Keezhar nelli for jaundice. How keezhar nelli cures urinary infection, jaundice, kidney problems, gallbladder stones and tuberculosis?
- Why you should eat asafetida, black pepper, anise seed, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves
- Indian spices that heal bronchitis, asthma, jaundice, leprosy, ulcer, mouth sores, chicken pox scars. Know more about the healing properties of Indian spices and medicinal herbs that heals
Cumin Seed helps digestion and cures gastric trouble
Cumin is a digestion aid. It is a wonder spice that would help cure indigestion, bloating and gas. Cumin seeds can resolve your gas problem. When you are troubled by gastric problem, chew half teaspoon cumin seeds and swallow. Your will be relived in 10 minutes. Cumin seeds should be well chewed before swallowing. Cumin seeds have the power to bring out gas from your belly. Drinking cumin water is not as effective as chewing cumin seeds. Cumin seeds are effective for baby colic also. Boil cumin seeds in little water and give 2 or 3 spoon to baby. Baby will be relieved from colic pain. Nursing mothers will be benefitted by adding more cumin seeds in her diet. Baby will get the benefits from breast milk. Adding cumin seeds in your dishes will also help you avoid gas problem.
Fennel seeds for gas problem and indigestion
Like cumin seeds, fennel seeds can also help you expel gas and get relived from stomach pain and bloating. Fennel seeds can also heal your indigestion, bloating and stomach pain. In South India fennel seeds are eaten after meal to help digestion and expel gas.
Nigella Seeds and Purple fleebane
Nigella seeds, which is a type of cumin seeds is beneficial in treating cold. Nigella seeds would heat body and cure cold. Purple fleebane or karumjeerakam is a wonderful gas remedy. It also a colic remedy. Ayurvedic gas tablet is prepared from Purple fleebane.