You Are Not Tired! --- Turbo Fire - Day 11
Believe in the Burn
TurboFire is an intense cardio kickboxing class created by fitness expert Chalene Johnson. It is a combination of kicking and punching moves mixed with some killer dance music. It is a 12 week DVD program offered by BeachBody and is the step above the original cardio kickboxing class Turbo Jam.
This program offers it all. The way the program is set up, you will increase your aerobic endurance and will start training like an athlete. Because TurboFire is mostly cardio-based, the equipment needed is very little, and it comes with when you order the program. With everything included, as long as you push play each day, you will easily start seeing results with this program.
My personal journey
My personal journey started with P90X, where Tony Horton and I had a love/hate relationship. Even though he never met me personally, I am pretty sure he loved torturing me with his moves. While I loved the program, I always felt there was something missing. I was missing the cardio. Therfore, when I saw TurboFire, I knew this was going to be the next leg of my journey.
So, I became a BeachBody coach in order to get the program. What can I say, I am a sucker for a discount. Along the way, not only do I need to be responsible for setting and hitting my own goals, but I also feel responsible to help motivate others and support them on their journey. That being said, I am dragging my husband along for the ride and he has been feeling "the burn" right alongside of me.
If you want to read about my time with P90X click here or feel free to just jump ahead and see the results on Day 90. If you are interested in TurboFire or any of the other BeachBody programs feel free to check out the products by visiting my BeachBody coach page.
I woke up this morning thinking, "Wow, I can't believe that it is day 11 already!" The time really has flown by. And the nice part about the entire program is it seems to have switched up so much, that I haven't even noticed how fast it is going. At this rate, we will be done in no time.
Today's workout was another scheduled HIIT (high intensity interval training), HIIT 15 to be exact. A short workout which was introduced in Week 1. However, on top of that short workout, is the Sculpt 30. Together, that is a brutal combination. But with the results that you get from these classes, what could be more motivating?
I Feel Good....
- It's summer... do I really need to say more. If you want that beach body... you are going to have to work for it!
- Energy! The amount of energy you get from working out is enough to make you stick with it. After all, who doesn't want a little more energy. I know I do because I am then more productive.
- Those jeans that were just a little too tight. How great would that be to be able to get back in there... and to not have to squeeze.
- Compliments. We all love a good compliment every now and then. When you exercise, you get your confidence up. When you are confident, watch the compliments roll in.
- Special events. Do you have a wedding to go to? Or maybe you are planning a big vacation. These are all reasons we use to get in shape. So now stick with your reason!
- Feelings! That is right - if you are feeling down in the dumps, exercise will pull you up. The endorphins after you workout will naturally lift your mood. Try being angry now!
- To lose weight. This is probably one of the biggest reasons people start exercising.
- To be stronger. Before you know it you will be lifting things with ease.
- The find the fountain of youth! Did you know that working out causes your body to produce HGH. Your body naturally produces this chemical in short bursts. However, after doing a HIIT workout, your body experiences a significant release of the hormone creating a natural fountain of youth.
- So you can eat. There is no lie if you are trying to lose weight you must cut calories. However, 1200 calories doesn't go very far unless you are filling up on lots of fruits and veggies. So, you burn more calories and you can eat them back so you are netting 1200 calories a day.
- Yourself! Honestly you are the only one that can motivate yourself, and you are going to have to hold yourself responsible. If you don't want the effects exercise offers, you will never continue. If you don't like the way you feel when you lose weight, you will never lose weight. If you don't like the way it feels when someone gives you a genuine compliment, you won't continue to strive for more. So, you need to be your biggest motivator... there is no way around it!