You Are Not Tired! --- Turbo Fire - Day 12 - Day 14
Feel the Burn!
Chalene Johnson, 20 year fitness expert, is the master mind behind Turbo Fire, a high impact, high intensity Cardio Kickboxing program. The success behind this program lays in the classroom setting, which allows participants to match the energy to those around you. After all, it's a competitive thing that allows you to keep lifting your legs higher and stretching your arms longer.
TurboFire is a 12 week course that can be extended to 20 weeks with the purchase of additional DVDs. During that time, you will be subjected to some intense Fire cardio workouts, as well as high intensity interval training (better known as HIIT), strenght training and a killer core workout. By the end, you won't know why you haven't started the program sooner as it has suddenly become part of your life.
Together, TurboFire and a healthy diet, will shred the fat from your body. In a short 12 weeks you should see results, not just on the scale, but with the inches lost as well. You will also notice increased levels of energy and motivation to continuously do more. TurboFire will become your drug and you will look forward to your workout every single day.
My personal journey
Many of you that are familiar with me, know this isn't my first journey. My first one started with P90X, where I wrote about my journey daily to keep me motivated. This kept me working out and eventually led to several inches leaving my body as well as about 45 pounds lost. However, after two rounds of P90X, I was looking for something different and something more. That is when I decided to invest in TurboFire.
TurboFire was a great investment alone, but along with it, I decided to become a BeachBody Coach. I figured since I loved BeachBody products anyway, this would also be a great option for me to continue to inspire and motivate others. After all, by writing about it daily that was what I was doing anyway.
If you would like to support my business, either by joining me with TurboFire or any other program, feel free to check out my website by visiting my BeachBody coach page. If not, I welcome to support regardless. If you would like to read about my time with P90X click here or feel free to just jump ahead and see the results on Day 90.
I hope as I continue on this journey you find it a breath of fresh air and continue to follow me on this journey. I look forward to your support and can't tell you how much I thank you for giving it to me. I can't promise I will teach you something amazing each day, or that they will make you laugh. But I can promise I will put my best foot forward and give this journey my best effort.
The Weekend - Day 12 and Day 13
This was a horrible weekend for workouts. I am not going to lie to you. I didn't get them in. Life was just too busy and frankly, I have been getting sick again so I took the weekend as a chance to truly let my body recovery. I know if I push too hard at this point, I can send myself spiraling further down and be back where I was a few months ago. After numerous visits to the doctor and several doses of antiobiotics, I am not playing that game again.
So on Saturday, my daughter had a softball game. It was an early morning. When we got back, I wanted to do our workout. After all, it was the Fire 55EZ and we all know how crazy I am about cardio. (So you can see, I had good intentions!) Well, my husband had other things on the agenda. He wanted to change the oil in the car and fix the gasket. So he promised me we would work out afterwards. Several hours later, several curse words heard and me laughing the entire time, I realized this dramatic comedy was cutting into my workout time. So Saturday's missed workout I will blame on my husband. After all, I may have needed the break, but I was waiting on him.
Sunday morning was a beast of a day. I could barely roll out of bed since we didn't get home from a friends house until 3 a.m. It was pretty much a lounge around kind of day. So, I drank a bunch of water and tried nursing myself back to health, since I was feeling worse than the day before. So, I guess I will take the blame for that one!
I have a guilty complex... I attempted to get a good portion of the workouts I missed over the weekend in today. I know that tomorrow I will be really sore because I am already feeling it. But it felt good. It is amazing how much extra energy working out gives me and I know how much I miss it when I don't get a chance to squeeze them in.
Between the Fire 55 EZ class and the Core 20 Class (and I threw in HIIT 15 and Sculpt 30 for good measure) I burned about 1000 calories today! That is a good burn and it felt great. Although I know tomorrow I might not be singing the same tune.
Do you got the gear?
Want to teach your kids how to cook? Get them their very own cookbook so they can pick out a recipe that is friendly to their taste buds!
Family Time = Healthy Time
Weekends are usually reserved for family time. But, just because you will be hanging with the family the entire weekend, doesn't mean your activities need to be centered around unhealthy activities. In fact, if you have kids, this is the best time to teach them about leading a healthy lifestyle.
Since it is summer break, my kids will be home all summer. What does this mean? This means that my "me" time will suddenly become "kid" time. Not that I didn't have a kid at home prior to school getting out, I just added a couple more to my daily entertainment.
So what are a few things you can do this summer to teach your kids about a healthy lifestyle?
- Take daily walks. It is important kids keep moving this summer. It is too easy to get stagnant sitting in front of a computer or playing video games all day!
- Teach your kids how to cook! Depending on your children's ages, will depend what you can do. But, you can teach them how to make small things in the kitchen. Not only will this make them excited about food, but it is a great way to sneak in food they might otherwise not want. After all, if they made it they will want to try it. For the younger kids who shouldn't be messing by the stove, have them partake in making healthy snacks like "Ants on a Log" (Celery with peanut butter and raisins).
- Try new foods. This is a great way to expose your kids to the variety of stuff out there. Maybe they have never had blueberries before; or maybe they have only eaten canned pineapple. There are so many different fruits and veggies out there that are delicious and you may have never tried. Get them in on the journey.
- Do a kid workout. What better way to get them exposed to working out than to have them start working out with you. They have Yoga for Kids workouts available on DVD. While it may not be hardcore workouts, it will at least get them moving.
- Play in the pool. Playing in the pool has many benefits. You can use the water as resistance to do strength training, or you can get in some good cardio by treading water or swimming laps. Mostly, have fun in the water. It can get mighty warm in the summer and would definately be fun to cool off.
So what types of fun and healthy activities do you have planned to do this summer with your family?