Acupuncture Points Used to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Acupuncture Relieves Menstrual Cramps
There have been several studies trying to prove whether or not acupuncture can actually help relieve menstrual cramping and pain. Some of the studies found that some women had not relieve from the acupuncture points, whereas other women found huge relieve.
The acupuncture needles can treat pain by releasing and stimulating endorphins and serotonin, which in turn tell the central nervous system that there is no pain. The endorphins are naturally produced during exercise and excitement, and stimulate good feelings of well-being, pleasure, and as an analgesic; basically they act as a natural painkiller. Serotonin is a brain chemical that can help relax muscle contractions, which will help relieve and stop the menstrual cramping.
Acupuncture has been a traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years, and has been successfully proven to treat pain, so in regards to treating the pain and discomfort of menstrual cramping, acupuncture is being used more and more often as a natural remedy and treatment.
Although, each patient and woman is different, it's thought that sing different acupuncture points, the cramping and pain can be relieved. In some cases, other symptoms of menstruation can also be relieved by using acupuncture, but there is not a study that proves this method is effective for everyone every time and session.
But, if you are one of the many women who suffer mild to severe cramping before and/or during menstruation, you may want to try methods to help relieve the pain other than medications and pain killers. There are herbal remedies and other natural treatments, like acupuncture that do help some women.
Depending on what type of cramps you're experiencing and what other symptoms, you're having, the acupuncture points will very. So, when you see a professional, make sure to describe your cramps as best as possible. You will want to tell the professional, how long the cramps last, what other symptoms you're experiencing, and how the cramps feel.
- If you are experiencing, major bloating, breast tenderness, indigestion, and moods swings along with menstrual cramping, the acupuncture points should be applied to LV-2, LV-3, CV-6, GB-34, SP-6, and SP-8.
- If you are experiencing minor bloating, clotting in your menstrual blood, and stabbing cramps, the acupuncture points should be applied to ST-29, CV-6, SP-6, SP-10, and LV-3.
- If you've had more than one baby, you may have worse menstrual cramps associated with the LV and KD points. In this case, you may be experiencing a sore lower back, dizziness, chronic fatigue, and a light menstrual cycle with very red blood. If this is the case, the acupuncture points should be applied to UB-18, UB-23, CV-4, KD-3, ST-36, LV-3, and LV-8.
Depending on your acupuncture professional, the meridians that he chooses to apply may vary, but in general, you will find most of the above acupuncture meridian points in the abdomen, feet, ankles, and chest.
Herbal and Home Remedies
- Supplements to Relieve Asthma
- Supplements to Relieve PostPartum Depression
- Cure Holiday Blues and Anxiety with Supplements
- Natural Supplements to Battle Holiday Depression
- Aid Anxiety with Chinese Herbs and Natural Medicine
- Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
- Home Remedies for Constipation
- How to Clean Your Body Naturally - Detoxification with Herbs
- Natural Remedies and Herbs for Women's Health
- Vitamins and Supplements Relieve Osteoporosis Symptoms
- Important Vitamins to Prevent Osteoporosis
- Aromatherapy for Women's Health
- Acupressure Relieves Menstrual Pain and Cramps
- Supplements to Relieve Menopausal Symptoms
- Home Remedies for Yeast Infections
- Herbal Remedies to Grow Long Hair
- Lose Weight with Chinese Herbs
Disclaimer: Please be aware that the advice in this article should in no way replace that of a licensed physician. If you have any questions, please consult your doctor to find the best method to soothe your symptoms of PMS, pregnancy, or menopause, or assist in fertility concerns.