jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Ways to get rid of my toe fungus.

1. imadork profile image80
    imadorkposted 9 years ago

Ways to get rid of my toe fungus.

2. aidenofthetower profile image80
    aidenofthetowerposted 9 years ago

Foot and toenail fungus isn't any fun to deal with. Not only can it be irritating, itchy, and uncomfortable, it can also cause embarrassment and even smelly. However, you can get rid of it. It doesn't have to take a ton of time, money, or effort and... read more

3. lotuslove19 profile image69
    lotuslove19posted 8 years ago

The best thing to do is to wash your feet in warm water with mild soap and dry them well ,next clean your feet with surgical spirit swab and apply either Castor oil or coconut oil mixed with camphor ,zinc oxide and boric acid all in same amount make a paste and apply for few days, overnight be careful about the shoes . they may be dirty which are leading to fungal infection

4. hsofyan profile image60
    hsofyanposted 8 years ago

Try routinely soaked in sea water. If you have started to recover, it can be done less frequently. If you have healed, I still recommend you to do. Because sea water is useful for health.
    If you are far from the sea, can be replaced with the warm water of the salt until saturated. But the benefit is not better than sea water.
    Happy trying..
    Hopefully recover quickly.

5. Jeniferr profile image82
    Jeniferrposted 7 years ago

Well, there a lot of ways to cure toenail fungus but unfortunately, what works for one person may not work for another. 

The most common ways people try to treat their infection is through prescription oral medicine.  I've read reports of good success rates but there's also a serious risk of kidney damage from these pharmaceuticals. 

If you're worried about his you can try a topical antifungal cure.  Some like, apple cider vinegar, epsom salt water, and tea tree oil are natural and considered a home remedy.  Others like Loceryl are prescription only.

Finally, there's a new thing on the horizon.  It's a laser treatment pioneered by Pinpointe Laser company.  The procedure basically involves using a laser to kill all the fungus near, on, and underneath the nail bed.  Initial success rates have been good but this surgery has not been approved by the FDA.  HOWEVER, since the Pinpointe and Noveon laser systems have been approved by the FDA for other laser treatments AND since the FDA does not regulate the medicinal practices, the laser can be used by licensed doctors for toenail fungus removal since the laser device itself has met approval.

I hope that last part isn't too confusing.  You can read my toenail fungus treatment hubs if you want to know more.