jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What Are The Best Ways To Get Rid Of A Cold Or Flu?

1. PhoenixV profile image71
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

What Are The Best Ways To Get Rid Of A Cold Or Flu?

What are the home remedies for getting rid of a cold? What are the best over-the counter ways or products to get rid of a cold or flu?

2. maggieju profile image61
    maggiejuposted 5 years ago

Drink lot of hot water and take a good rest. It is not a good time to do exercises. Prevent from being tired which would make a cold or flu worse.

3. lotuslove19 profile image68
    lotuslove19posted 5 years ago

If  you are suffering from cold or flu ,you need a complete bed rest ,drink a lot of water,
    1)have a cup of hot water to which add sugar candy and squeeze juice of half lemon and have it .
    2)have it 3 to 4 times in a day .take vapour with karvol capsule to it before going to bed .
    3) If you want to get over the counter medicine then have allegra 120 ot altiva 120 two times a day for 3 day.
    4)or you can have rushtux 30 and arnica 30  homeopathic medicine 3 times a day 4 globs

4. fit2day profile image75
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

I try to always keep 3 things: lemon, ginger, and honey. I slice fresh ginger and make a tea with it, add a little lemon juice and honey, helps to fight of cold and flu big time. I also like to chew a slice of ginger too, tastes terrible, but helps.

Peppermint and eucalyptus oils help to clear up a stuffy nose. All I know is I absolutely hate colds and used to have them all the time, popping cough drops and finding no relief. Now, I don't feel powerless when colds and allergies come about.

5. Caitlin Pyle profile image82
    Caitlin Pyleposted 5 years ago

Whenever I start feeling a cold coming on, I drink a glass of water with 20 drops of grapefruit seed extract in it, three times a day. It seems to really fight it off. It also works on yeast infections. Apparently grapefruit seed extract acts as a natural antibiotic.

6. Jojosi profile image59
    Jojosiposted 5 years ago

Mix the most delicious herbal tea by soaking two to three sprigs of fresh peppermint in a cup of boiling water for 5- 10 minutes; then remove the sprigs, drink and enjoy!  Peppermint tea mixed with yarrow provides symptomatic relief from cold, flu and fever.

7. Eric Prado profile image77
    Eric Pradoposted 5 years ago

I have found that the best way to get rid of a cold or flu is to take one Zycam per day. It helps phenomenally.

8. Pamela N Red profile image85
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

Get plenty of rest, drink liquids and eat garlic. Garlic is a natural antibiotic and will help you get well faster.

Take your vitamins and eat a healthy diet that includes apples.