jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you had a Lumbar Pucture??? I have one Friday at the V.A. Houston for MS;

1. TexasChickiMama profile image53
    TexasChickiMamaposted 8 years ago

Have you had a Lumbar Pucture???  I have one Friday at the V.A. Houston for MS; please pray for me!

Just please assure me and pray for me.  I have them in the past with the headache and the blood patch! This one is to determine if the MS is now progressive!  Thank you!

2. Lisa HW profile image75
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Good luck.  They're done all the time.  I'm sure there are lots of prayers and best wishes that you'll get the news you want to hear.  Sending mine your way.

3. Jen's Solitude profile image87
    Jen's Solitudeposted 8 years ago

Hi TexasChickiMama,

Sorry to read of your impending lumbar picture. You wrote you have had them before so you know all to well what to expect. I do sincerely hope the puncture results shows NO reason to believe you're MS is now progressive.

I've only had one lumbar puncture that was performed in the ER, before I was officially diagnosed. I was given a mild sedative to help me relax and I was sitting up-right while it was done. This was back in '93, I imagine they have you lay on your side and bend your knees now?
    I wouldn't look at the needle and my husband held my hand while it occurred. He said I squeezed his hand so hard, it nearly broke in two. big_smile

I hope you will have someone with you?  I did have a headache afterward, but back then didn't know it was because of the puncture.

Please let me know how things turn out for you, OK? I'll join your fan club so you can contact me.

All the best to you, I'll be thinking about you.

4. StarDelights profile image61
    StarDelightsposted 8 years ago

Good Luck on your Lumbar Puncture - one thing that I found while getting them done was to drink tons of fluids with caffeine in them and the headache won't be so bad!  I know that sounds funny but it worked for me.

5. Suzanne Marcelle profile image57
    Suzanne Marcelleposted 8 years ago

Hello smile I'm new to hubpages and I just read your question.  I wish you all the best.  How was your lumbar puncture?  I didn't find it to be as bad as I pictured it and it was quicker than I thought.  I think it has to do with the doctor.  I had a wonderful one.  I will pray for you.  God Bless!

6. wotserface profile image71
    wotserfaceposted 8 years ago

I've had quite a few lumbar punctures because I have IIH, so I will be praying for you lots. It's always helped me to sing my favourite uplifting song in my head while they do it, and it actually works. It keeps your mind off it,  because you're concentrating on something else. Best of luck and I'll be thinking of you (HUGS)