jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

Can any medicine prevent hair loss?

1. sneha2001 profile image50
    sneha2001posted 8 years ago

Can any medicine prevent hair loss?

My brother is suffering from hair loss. Is any one here who knows how to prevent them to loss.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image79
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

You can help to prevent or slow the progress of hair loss in a natural, healthy way by taking daily vitamins and herb supplements, and using aromatherapy massage to stimulate new growth. read more

3. bphealthblog profile image36
    bphealthblogposted 8 years ago

Yes it can almost all medicine out there in the US contain ingredients to cause massive hair to fall out. But if you need to take the medicine for other medical purposes then just add a multivitamin to each meal daily because medicine is taking away all your nutrients.

4. kamagrabuy profile image53
    kamagrabuyposted 8 years ago

You need to oil your hair twice a week.
    Eat sea food good for hair.
    Use olive oil for hari massage.
    Drink lots of water.

5. edguider profile image64
    edguiderposted 8 years ago

I use tomatoes once a week. Just type in tomatoes for hair loss in google and you should find a few good tips. I just slice up tomatoes mix it with water and use it as shampoo once a week. It has actually helped my hair grow back were it needed it.

6. pisco profile image60
    piscoposted 8 years ago

You can use minoxidil as it is prescribed in hair clinics, just don't expect great results from it, it is really just for reducing hair loss, not growing back lost hair.

On the other hand you can also use a derma roller while applying the minoxidil, that will potenciate the medicine effect and stimulate the skin to produce ticker hair because of the collagen induction tretament.

I wrote a hub about this at http://hubpages.com/hub/Derma-Roller-Reviews

7. savingmyhair profile image34
    savingmyhairposted 7 years ago

First you should know if it is androgenetic alopecia ( the common hair loss) or if there another type. If is Androgenetic alopecia there are a lot of forums ( like hairlossforum.com, hairsite.com, etc ) where he can get help.

8. danielowen profile image51
    danielowenposted 7 years ago

Proscalpin is supposed to treat male baldness in adult men with mild-to-moderate hair loss. It reduces hair loss and also increases hair growth.

9. theindianblues profile image55
    theindianbluesposted 7 years ago

Use 'Thanda thanda cool cool Himani Nav Ratan Tale'

10. regrowhair profile image54
    regrowhairposted 7 years ago

There are a number of drugs currently available to treat hair loss. The most popular, Minoxidil (commonly known as Rogaine or Loniten) is a clear solution that is applied directly to the scalp thus reinvigorating hair follicles to stimulate growth. Rogaine was introduced to the market in 1988, and initially, was available only by prescription. After eight successful years, the regular strength solution was released for sale over-the-counter in 1996. Another drug that has been successful is stimulating the regrowth of hair in men is Propecia. The drug, which is administered in pill form, blocks the formation of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in a man’s scalp. The level of DHT increases in men with male pattern baldness, and blocking further elevation actually stimulates hair regrowth.

11. profile image30
    Ammyidmposted 7 years ago

Proscalpin 1mg with active ingredient finasteride is used for treating hair loss. You can find more details on this drug at this blog - http://blog.internationaldrugmart.com/i … hair-loss/

12. PMS9 profile image73
    PMS9posted 7 years ago

I'm also suffering from hair fall. Dermatitis  doctor advices me to apply Minokem 5% medicine to scalp everyday (2ml) in night before sleep to prevent my hair loss and regrowth of new hair.

13. curiousx profile image60
    curiousxposted 6 years ago

I observed that on the days I face a lot of stress and anger, I lose lot of hair. On days that give less stress, I almost see no hair loss. Again, this is only my observation, may vary from person to person.

I started to control my stress and anger. Also stopped worrying when some one gives a pitied look on my hair while talking to me. I started to play cool and I am less worried about my hair now. Again, this is not a medicine, but try if less worry can help. After all, worrying about it is really bad.

The above is not a medicine, but can certainly be an extra effort apart from the medicines that can bring positive results.

Hair loss depends on age too. Hair starts ageing generally after 20. If his age is more than 20, say him that's not un-natural and ask him to stop worrying.

14. profile image51
    watson mariaposted 5 years ago

As per my knowledge White Lotus(www.whitelotusantiaging.co.uk) Hair loss pack combines the scientifically proven science of micro needling with natural hair loss remedies to aid alopecia, female hair loss and male pattern baldness.

15. Ehealth Tip profile image60
    Ehealth Tipposted 3 years ago

21 Ways to Prevent Hair Loss!....................http://www.ehealthytip.com/2014/05/21-ways-to-prevent-hair-loss.html