Do you trust your doctor blindly ?

1. shereej profile image64
    shereejposted 8 years ago

Do you trust your doctor blindly ?

2. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 8 years ago

I do not trust doctors ... they're humans too, they can make mistakes just as anyone else; I can take their opinion as an educated guess but that's it. I trust my immune system - that is my doctor! I have not been to a doctor in years and years ... stay clear of them and trust yourself.

3. writer901 profile image59
    writer901posted 8 years ago

No. Not blindly. I might take their suggestions if I agree with them.  I like to research any ailments I may have and ultimately choose my own treatment. I believe  prescription drugs (which is usually the treatment given by doctors) only mask the symptoms while creating other possible problems.
         A few years ago my doctor wanted me to take medication for my high blood pressure. I chose not to. My doctor respected my choice and said I needed to relax and maybe try meditation to reduce my stress level. I did and by doing so have kept my blood pressure down since.
        Doctors aid in the healing process. But when it comes down to it your body heals itself. You just need to find out where the imbalance is that is causing your illness. Not to say in some cases doctors aren't absolutely necessary just some people underestimate their own healing abilities.

working