Living with Fibromyalgia

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. robertsloan2 profile image94
    robertsloan2posted 9 years ago

Living with Fibromyalgia

I think you have several good topics just based on your first Hub. One would be how you manage Activities of Daily Living. Another would be Coping with Grief about Chronic Disease -- that is a very real grief. All my life I believed every one of my disabilities was curable, that if I had enough money I'd get my back straightened and my leg lengthened and work out and become a strong normal healthy man -- only to find out that isn't ever going to be possible.

If you have  been to a pain clinic, one about finding a pain clinic and how to deal with doctors would be another good topic.

2. smilefreely profile image58
    smilefreelyposted 9 years ago

Yeah, well living with Fibromyalgia is not fun.  I exercise the area quite a bit.  Fibromyalgia is formed from doing repetive work. Heat and ice are good for it.  If you can afford it going to a good massage therapist is another way to relieve the pain.  I know that I go about every six months just for a very deep massage tissue massage.  It hurts but, they put ice on me when finished and then I use it when I go home to and the next day I feel better.

3. DreamsInBloom profile image79
    DreamsInBloomposted 9 years ago

Fibromyalgia has many "causes."  Some get it after having had mono, or after being in an accident, giving birth, and so on.

I have CFS, which is closely related--if not the same as--fibromyalgia (depending on who you talk to).  I have found the number one thing that helps me manage the fatigue and pain is better nutrition...including eating better, avoiding refined sugar, and taking excellent nutritional supplements.  Many with CFS/Fibro are deficient in many nutrients.  Magnesium supplements have been especially helpful to me.  The latest thing I have tried is getting nutritional iv drips...the results have been amazing. The only problem with that one has been finding the money to pay for it.

4. Spiffygal101 profile image59
    Spiffygal101posted 9 years ago

For me, living with FMS is an everyday challenge.  My favorite saying is  "Life is like being in the Navy.  Everyday is a new adventure..." meaning you never know which parts of you are going to work.  Hopefully, it's all the necessary ones, like breathing, walking, energy and of course thinking...

I guess the best way to put it is, I try to keep a sense of humor, although sometimes it does get difficult.  Patience is always at a premium.  Mainly it's knowing your limitations and being honest enough with yourself and others to just say NO when you know you should.  Otherwise, tomorrow will be "payback to the max".  Believe me, been there, done that....It takes a lot of self talk and honesty to deal with this stuff...but you never give up...you just keep up keeping up and that's the way it is...It ain't purty, but it's the life of an FMS'er.

5. everyday stuff profile image59
    everyday stuffposted 9 years ago

I just finished how 1 day having fm is, I thought about writing about how i was affeced by growing up with a mother who i, & most others thought she just wanted attention, then, when it really happened to me, THE VERY 1ST THING I DID WAS GO TO MY MOM, SOBBING, BEGGING FOR HER TO FORGIVE ME FOR NOT BELIEVING & TELLING HER I UNDERSTOOD NOW!!!  THAT'S ONE FROM MY HEART, I FINALLY FELT HOW REAL MY MOTHERS PAIN WAS & HOW FOR YEARS I WAS MEAN, AND DISSRESPECTING  TO HER AND I WAS SINCERELY SORRY!!!!
    Ok, went a little far there....it's just something i wander about, if maybe the shoe was on the other foot!  I dunno, sorry,  I JUST HAVE HUB IDEAS AND WONDER IF THEY'D BE HELPFUL FOR SOMEONE, IF NOTHING BUT KNOWING THAT YOU'RE NOT ALONE WITH THIS.

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!!!

6. meeklo12345 profile image48
    meeklo12345posted 8 years ago

hello all. I have a dear friend of mind with Fibromyalgia & what really helps her is smoking mid-grade marijuanna.  I've wittnessed this first hand many many times. She'd rather light a joint than swallow a pill.  Theres many pros to this alternative opposed to becoming opoid dependent.

7. steelbone profile image44
    steelboneposted 7 years ago

Have you been tested by a real lyme disease lab?
    Like one of the labs listed here
    http://www.lymediseaseanswers.com/lyme-disease-testing/

Do you have these symptoms by chance
    http://www.lymediseaseanswers.com/lyme- … -symptoms/

I have read a few times that there are more and more dr's starting to think that Fibro is nothing mire then some type of infections. Not saying it has to be lyme could be a different infection

Just something to think about

Good luck

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)