jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Will you try to be vaccinated for H1N1?

1. Daniel Carter profile image74
    Daniel Carterposted 8 years ago

Will you try to be vaccinated for H1N1?

The H1N1 virus vaccine will only be available to "high risk" people first, and if there is enough for the rest of the population, ages 25-64. they will be vaccinated, and then others after that. If you are not in a high risk group, would you want to get vaccinated now? Will you try to get vaccinated?

2. sandwichmom profile image55
    sandwichmomposted 8 years ago

Yes- I want to remain healthy- i do not want to put my elderly clients at risk.

3. edguider profile image64
    edguiderposted 8 years ago

2 of my family members have already got the shot. I am only 36 so none available for me yet.

4. J. Kumm profile image56
    J. Kummposted 8 years ago

Short and sweet? No.

You can call me paranoid, but I think the vaccine was rushed. Although I'd like to be immune, I'm more inclined to take my risks with natural immunity, catching it instead of getting the shot. Plus, even if I wanted to get the vaccine, there will only be enough for 50% of the population; so chances aren't that great that I'd be able to get vaccinated anyway.

5. CarpetDiem profile image75
    CarpetDiemposted 8 years ago

no. I got the regular flu vaccine (and have for the past 5 years) but I'm not getting the swine flu shot. Doesn't seem like much of a threat (to healthy people at least)... seems like a lot of people may have already had the flu anyways...

6. Harmax123 profile image53
    Harmax123posted 8 years ago

no i will not be vaccinated and neither will my kids or my husband.... i have read a lot on the subject and the drug company was paid a huge amount of money to get the finished vaccine out here for the public, it wasnt properly tested and it has caused many problems with some people who have gotten the vaccine.