jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What causes a 27 year old women to catch a cold 7 times in one year?

1. cely profile image61
    celyposted 8 years ago

What causes a 27 year old women to catch a cold 7 times in one year?

2. profile image49
    marigoldowposted 8 years ago

During a two year stretch, I had perhaps 27 colds. Perhaps at that time, I wasn't looking after myself well enough. Perhaps trying to get too much out of life at once. Thinking I could do everything myself.  Eventually, I had a determined thought which was to never ever have another cold again.  Turns out, I havent had one since.  I wonder if getting enough of everything helps, ie sleep, excercise, nutrition, feeling at least almost pretty good with yourself.  I dont know, but I do hope for you, that those colds diminish into the past, and no longer interupt your good life.

3. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

It could be:

Lack of vitamin C

Not wrapping up warm during the winter.

Low Iron levels.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Maybe she has an underlying health condition? I have hypothyroidism and it compromises my immune system and I get about 5 or so colds a year.

5. profile image41
    Lingsrobinposted 8 years ago

Often you get cold such often in a year when you have an allergic to somerthing you use often or which is by you. Not always your body "notices" it but sometimes it get sick. For example if you have a pet and lived "too close" with it (e.g. in a too small room) then you can get an allergic easely and so get cold all around the year.

6. Dorrene R profile image72
    Dorrene Rposted 8 years ago

I know why "I" catch a cold.  Whenever I don't get enough sleep and I am run down and am exposed to someone who has a cold, I catch one also.  For me, if I get enough sleep at night, I rarely catch a cold.

7. DIY Better Health profile image53
    DIY Better Healthposted 8 years ago

I am not in the medical profession but I do a lot of research/writing regarding various health issues.

The immune system has the job of protecting us against invaders - germs, virus, bacteria etc.

The immune system is similiar to a small army.  That turn up to defeat the unwelcome visitors. 

The bowel has bacteria both good and bad - if the level of good and bad is not close to accurate about that means that the little soldiers in the immune system have to participate in helping clean the bowel instead of doing their correct job of cleaning out the invader dangers only. 

If your bowel is causing you any sort of problem that may be your link.  A good probiotic will help correct that.  (If you need help with that - there are a few things to know before purchasing any so contact me and I will fill you in that)

Other than that if you are getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet and get enough exercise and fresh air - I would probably visit my doctor and ask for a blood test - just to see what is going on and whether the problem may be a little more involved. 

Keep a big pack of tissues on you and wash hands regularly.  Don't rub your eyes often either that is a lovely entrance way to little virus bugs. 

Good luck