jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Did you smoke as well, did you beat the cig's?

1. bearclawmedia profile image60
    bearclawmediaposted 8 years ago

Did you smoke as well, did you beat the cig's?

I am also a recovering ,etc.......... Negativity is my enemy, since I stopped smoking I have been a lot more positive and this helps me

2. mrxsmoker profile image60
    mrxsmokerposted 8 years ago

Hi bearclawmedia,
    I'm sorry I didn't see your question earlier.  My computer crashed three weeks ago and my backup failed, so I've been busy re-entering everything back in.  Anyway, yeah, I was a smoker for ten years but I quit several years ago after I developed my quit smoking plan.  I agree with you in that I feel much more positive since I quit.  Thank you for the post and I'm enjoying reading your hubs.

3. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 8 years ago

I smoke still haven't beat the cigs, thanks but I m getting this new book to try and help me thanks to a good friend

4. Rayalternately profile image60
    Rayalternatelyposted 8 years ago

I've not smoked for over 3 years now, having smoked for the preceding 20 plus years. It was one of the hardest addictions I've ever beaten, and as benign as nicotine may seem (given it's legality), it's an absolute pig to beat.

I used patches to wean me off the physical addiction (the easy part) but the psychological side of it is the real problem. You've really got to want to stop with some conviction if you want to break free because it'll be hard. Even now, after all this time I occasionally crave a smoke, or reach for my (now absent) tobacco tin without thinking.

On the positive side, once you're clear, the benefits are massive, from the seemingly obvious effects like no longer coughing up phlegm and being able to run a few yards without collapsing, to the joyful and surprising, like being able to blow up a balloon for the first time in my life.

To anyone reading this who's thinking about giving up. Good luck and I hope you get through it using whatever method suits you best. It'll be hard, but it'll be worth it.

5. agrasty2002 profile image60
    agrasty2002posted 8 years ago

I quit cold turkey by replacing a bad habit with a good one.  You can check out my hub about it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-I-Quit-Smoking-Cold-Turkey

Closed to reply

working