What advice can you give people to become more positive in spirit, life and acti

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (23 posts)
  1. davenmidtown profile image67
    davenmidtownposted 11 years ago

What advice can you give people to become more positive in spirit, life and action?

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

No giving advice,... because Man! Your already there.

2. d.william profile image75
    d.williamposted 11 years ago

Perhaps learning to accept people for who they are, without prejudices, without judgment, and showing compassion and empathy for those who are less fortunate.  Good deeds lead to positive attitudes.  Bad ones lead to negative attitudes.

3. vocalcoach profile image92
    vocalcoachposted 11 years ago

It's a matter of attitude and habit. Daily, positive affirmations help to replace negative thoughts into positive thoughts. Doing something good for someone else helps to feel better about yourself and when you have a higher level of self-esteem you enjoy life more.

Be thankful for whatever you do have. Are you in a wheelchair for life? No? Well thats a good reason to be thankful.  Do you have shelter and food each day? You do? One more reason to be thankful. Being positive in spirit, life and action is a result of being grateful.

Do you love and appreciate yourself enough?  If not - begin to do those things, live those actions which translate into being a good person.

Good question!

4. Deekp profile image60
    Deekpposted 11 years ago

It has often been  repeated that “Change Your Thoughts and you will change your world “ .This is the very technique you can bring positivity in your life. Happiness is your nature , you may have lost it in the process of growing up. Happiness is like the mirror which has become dusty and has lost the property of reflection  . Our Job is to clear the dust and “being positive” is a dusting  and cleaning process.

There is no rule book  to becoming positive since each person has his own challenges to deal with. One method to start with is to look at the situation ,problem ,event like a witness , stand apart from the situation and  relook deeply  . Negativity is like darkness you cannot fight with darkness , just light a candle of hope and you have vanquished darkness. Take a small break from whatever you are doing. Do things that help you to feel  good , like walking in a garden ,playing a sport, singing, dancing  . You are working at changing your  thoughts .  Another simple method to help you is laughter. Once you begin stay on track , even if you slip come back to road of happiness keep making that effort.

5. whonunuwho profile image55
    whonunuwhoposted 11 years ago

Please go to my profile and read the first six hubs as well as "When the World Seems Dark". Sharing is caring, and I hope what I write is a help to all who wead it.

6. heavenbound5511 profile image63
    heavenbound5511posted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6509299_f260.jpg

To know Christ Jesus and all the promises that God has given us because of Christ's death and resurrection.Healing,deliverance,freedom,love,acceptance,empowerment,salvation plus so much more.

That with Christ we can overcome all things and be victorious and triumph!
    That we will be filled with the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead- which in turn this same spirit of God/Jesus swallows up all death.

That God has set before us life and death and wants us to choose life. That Godly wisdom is priceless and and saves our lives if we apply it to our life.

This is all positive because we win and overcome being within God's will. To know God's love causes us to go out and change the world with this very love we received.
    Love changes the world and everything it touches- Jesus God's love proven redeems us, restores us and than we can run this race set before us with all confidence letting Jesus work through us. Jesus brings hope, love, and most positively sets us free from all the negatives that try to hold us back & down.

1. profile image0
      oceansiderposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hello heavenbound,
      Dear sister, I am in agreement with you on everything you have stated in your answer!!!  Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is ALL we need, He is everything!!!

Take care, Helen

7. Sandy Frost profile image60
    Sandy Frostposted 11 years ago

I would like to say that an attitude is none other than a part of human nature which comes out as a response against physical or emotional reflexes. It can be positive or negative, depends on a person's control over his or her own thoughts. Which one rules over and makes control, also decides whether a person is positive or negative by nature.

For building up a good and positive attitude, it is necessary to control over ourselves and our thoughts. A human mind can't resist to consistent flow of thoughts coming in or out so best is to filter them and choose those ones which are helpful, relaxing and stressless.

Other practises are breathing heavily and in a proper way as it lets minds work more efficiently and builds up confidence too. Watching some good inspirational movies and reading some inspirational books and literature can also give us life-long learnings to make us more positive towards life as well as attitude.

8. bhargvi sharma profile image37
    bhargvi sharmaposted 11 years ago

Always try to think positive in every aspect of life. Moreover, Mediation & yoga will also help in increasing positiveness in your spirit, life & action. big_smile

9. IDONO profile image61
    IDONOposted 11 years ago

Living in the present.   A huge part of negative attitude is worrying about things that never happen. What ifs.  And you can't dwell on past experiences. You have to learn from them. Many negative things happen right now simply because we are so tied up in the past or future, that we simply are not paying attention to what is right in front of us. Our future will be a direct result of what we do in the present.

10. ipen profile image60
    ipenposted 11 years ago

We just need to accept the things as they come. Whatever is happening around us is for the good. We need to learn from our experiences and move forward. There is nothing called bad experience if we are eager to learn from it and take appropriate action.

11. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 11 years ago

Practice gratitude and appreciation.  We will become aware of how much God and our fellow humans have invested in us; our response will be a positive attitude, and we display that attitude in our actions.

12. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 11 years ago

Hello,

I would advise you to turn to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, and to know His love, and His peace that passes all understanding!! He created us all and loves each one of us so much!!  And, to have Him, Almighty God, living inside of you when you are a believer, changes your whole life, because God strengthens us, gives us His wisdom, and guides us in all things, when we ask Him in faith. 

If you want peace in this life on earth, Jesus Christ is the only One who can give you that, all you need to do is ask Him.

God bless you & take care,
    Helen

13. kevins blog52 profile image79
    kevins blog52posted 11 years ago

I have to agree with everything that heavenbound5511, says, I think if you look around and read your bible you will have to agree everything the bible says is coming to pass, now is the time to get on the christian train to go to haven.I had a heart attack in 2007 and went code blue,   trust me Jesus is reel.    I wrote a hub about it you might find very surprising.

14. Tusitala Tom profile image66
    Tusitala Tomposted 11 years ago

Someone once said that by immersing yourself in a good cause - and the numbers of these is seemingly limitless - you will become the better for it.  Apparently as your knowledge for that particular cause grows, you will become more dedicated and more enthusiastic.   You will start forgetting yourself and thinking about the welfare of the people (or animals, or environment or whatever) with whom you are involved.

As you gain in these things you will probably feel you need to do something very positve and this will involve you in taking on a leadership role.  This will mean that you will take steps to improve yourself, particularly in being more effective.   You will therefore tend to self-educate.  You're likely to want to learn how to communicate how you feel to the many.   This will mean writing, speaking.  And as you gain in these your self-esteem will rise.   And, as a result of this ongoing progress you will BECOME MORE POSITIVE IN SPIRIT, LIFE AND ACTION.

15. TheRightWord profile image79
    TheRightWordposted 11 years ago

Any time I start to feel discouraged I stop myself and think "there are a lot of people worse off than I am". I've had some pretty hard times but in the back of my mind, I start counting my blessings - No matter how bad it is for "Me", someone else, somewhere else is having a worse day than I can even imagine. I keep a picture in my head of a tribal mother who can't feed her child, because to me that is probably the worst pain a mom can feel. Because it keeps me in better spirits, I act more kindly towards others.

Also, when someone treats you badly DON'T take it personally. Most people are generally kind in nature, and when someone is rude I usually stop and ask if there is anything they need help with. Just knowing someone cares is often enough to pull another out of a funk. So, surround yourself with people who care, and don't be afraid to show you care back. You may get hurt, but you may NOT get hurt too!

16. alian346 profile image68
    alian346posted 11 years ago

I get a great buzz from doing stuff for other people and showing empathy and having a good and open ear.

17. Misbah786 profile image84
    Misbah786posted 2 years ago

I would say we must be grateful for everything in life. And a Quote by Rumi can do wonders
    "Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
    Rumi
    Blessings and Peace smile

In this Covid World of maddness. May I suggest everyone just smoke or eat marijuana and chill out, you freaking humans.

1. Misbah786 profile image84
        Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Haha-- I like your sense of humor, Castlepaloma
        but believe me, you are asking us to call death--- lol
        Even if one would survive from Covid, they will die with marijuana
        Blessings to you

Lol!!!

18. Urwa786 profile image62
    Urwa786posted 2 years ago

The more you feed your mind with positive thoughts, the more you can attract great things into your life, more smiling less worrying... ;-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)