how to get going in the day when you don't feel like it

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. RGraf profile image88
    RGrafposted 14 years ago

how to get going in the day when you don't feel like it

2. ScrummyMummy profile image60
    ScrummyMummyposted 14 years ago

A shower or some form of outdoor exercise. Or just go to bed and wait til it blows over

3. profile image52
    rockgirl46posted 14 years ago

I know the feeling.  Check out my hub at rockgirl46.  I'm trying some new 7 day habits.  Its a daily thing I'm doing to try and get more motivated and get more done at home.  Let me know what you think.

4. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 14 years ago

Even if it kills you write down what needs to be done and then execute it.  Getting things done is so mental, exercise your brain the best way you know how to be repetitious and disciplined (so in situations where you don't feel like it your brain will respond just because).  I can't tell you how but however you choose to disciplining your brain takes time and repetition.  Even on those days you don't feel like doing anything!  If you are bed bound start by executing some of your task in bed and before you know it you will be so charged---- you will be up and out doing more than you intended to....ciao

Vonda G. Nelson

5. BDazzler profile image78
    BDazzlerposted 14 years ago

Generally ... Coffee.  I sit with a hot cup and I talk to God about it. I ask for the help to "kick it in gear" ... I find something, little or big, to thank Him for ... even if the rest of the time is spent griping and moaning ... usually by the second or third cup, I'm good to go.

6. Darlene Sabella profile image60
    Darlene Sabellaposted 14 years ago

This may sound strange, but my dog and cat wake me up, I take them outside to do there business, then, my pets run into my office and perch themselves in front of my large window and that is how they start their day.  So I get a cup of coffee, turn on my computer to check my messages, I am then spending all day with questions and answers and writing at the hubs and articles and all of a sudden the day is gone, it's getting dark, the pet's want their dinner, I then take a break and hurry back to work some more.  I love what I do so much, maybe that is the secret....

7. divine88 profile image60
    divine88posted 14 years ago

even exercise and outdoor games sometimes cannot improve the habit so talk more of making the feeling to get positive it comes from the inner receses of the mind.
    1. think  of the yesterdays achievements
    2. think of the losses you didnt ever want to incure
    3. dream of the goodies you are going to lose that day if dont beef up your mind
    4.and the most  important, though you might hnot believe it you  are made for that thats why you dont feel like anything so..... tell your you are still in control

divine88

8. profile image53
    ShareC13posted 14 years ago

Crank up your favorite tunes! Whatever you find inspiring and or motivating. Dance around a little or do arm circles! Just move to get your blood flowing. Awake? okay, now eat your favorite breakfast! Chocolate ice cream? Okay, whatever floats your boat! Use positive self talk! Don't say oh I don't want to, Say I can and I will and when I have, I will reward myself with....

9. Pathik Pathak profile image60
    Pathik Pathakposted 14 years ago

Meditate and put your mind on rest.  Either lie flat on your back, or, sit on a chair with  straight back and try to breathe easy.  Keep your eyes closed. I'm making a hub on this subject.  Follow please.

10. gramarye profile image60
    gramaryeposted 14 years ago

I drink a large cup of carrot juice, it really gets my heart started before I start work for the day

11. beverleejb profile image60
    beverleejbposted 13 years ago

Well, I don't feel like that too much.
    It's only when I have knee pain so I usually take something and get on with my day

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)