jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are learning difficulties very rare or quite common??

1. profile image43
    aj2hubposted 7 years ago

Are learning difficulties very rare or quite common??

2. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

Too be honest I think it is rare, in this society, there is a base system that is set up to teach us and therefore we in return are suppose to learn from it.  But due to everyone being different we tend to have our own unique way of learning as well as picking up or understanding things.  For example:  when I was in school I really had no interest in math because every math teacher I had always sounded foreign to me.  I could never understand what they were saying even if they took the time to explain it to me.  My brain just could not connect.  Until I went to junior high school and I met Mr. Bernstein who I would never forget.  He was extremely weird, but was very calculated and direct.  When he spoke it were as though his lips and my brain were always in sync.  Didn't matter what it was once he said it I immediately understood it.  I don't think I made anything lower than a 92 in that class.  I think it only becomes quite common because some people's unique way of learning sometimes make it difficult for them to understand or learn through the way things are set up and designed to be taught.

Vonda G. Nelson

3. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

It's easy when you have knowledge.
    You grow as you know...and show as you go.
    Have you read my philosophy?Just click on my picture.

4. maemusa profile image60
    maemusaposted 7 years ago

It's rare.

I think it's the education system that contributes to slow learners. Of course some problems are exception, like Dyslexia for example.