jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would you have a designer baby? one that you can choose hair, eye color and IQ?

1. Research Analyst profile image84
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

Would you have a designer baby? one that you can choose hair, eye color and IQ?

2. angela_michelle profile image99
    angela_michelleposted 7 years ago

No, I really could care less on what my baby looked like. I think our appearance shapes many aspects of our personality, and I wouldn't want our child knowing we had wanted them to look a certain way.

I have to admit, it would be nice to know that our child is somewhat intelligent, but if the child was biologically related to my husband and I, the child would have a good chance of being quite smart.  Our children will not be biologically related to us though, since we have chosen to adopt our children, and I'm one hundred percent okay with whoever they are regardless of color, appearance, height, etc.

3. FGual profile image60
    FGualposted 7 years ago

No, do not spoil the surprise that mother nature has in store for you. If there is a potentially harmful medical condition involved, then all bets are off. It strikes me that people who want designer babies are not ready to be parents. Love them as they are they will love you back, but if they detect any resentment they will hold back.

4. milenaamr profile image68
    milenaamrposted 7 years ago

Definitely No. We can't play to role of God.

working