Would you consider a hysterectomy to get rid of the PMDD and endometriosis? Why/

1. Mighty Mom profile image83
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

Would you consider a hysterectomy to get rid of the PMDD and endometriosis? Why/why not?

2. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

NO.  There is a new procedure that you may not know about is called  thermal ablation  or endometrial ablation. Outpatient, It's like inflating a hot water bottle with super heated water that sears the inside of your uterus. No more periods or chance of getting having babies.

3. Pamela99 profile image87
    Pamela99posted 7 years ago

I didn't have PMDD, but I did have endometriosis and horribly long, heavy menses with severe pain down my right leg.  I was always very anemic.  We tried various hormones, etc.  I had a total hysterectomy in 1986, and its the best thing that i could have done.   Once I recovered from the surgery my whole life was better.  I never felt less of a woman.  I was thrilled that I didn't have at least one week a month of misery and also thrilled because I knew I would never get pregnant again.  It was the right answer for me but we all have to make our own choices.  I don't know if there is new technology that will fix your problems but in my case the endometriosis was in my ovaries so they would bleed and that is what caused the leg pain which was like sciatica.

Closed to reply

working