jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How does one "get over" death? Or does one? I keep telling myself there is no de

1. profile image50
    Journey Homeposted 7 years ago

How does one "get over" death? Or does one? I keep telling myself there is no death because...

there is another life,after. Am I in denial? Journey Home.

2. Pastortylerodell profile image57
    Pastortylerodellposted 7 years ago

I am sorry for the lost of your loved one. The pain will ease up in time. Your pain will not be so severe forever. Grief has several stages and each person goes through the stages at their own rate. Denial is one of the stages.
    We can find comfort in knowing we will see our loved ones again. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. And we will be reunited in the Kingdom of our Lord.
    My prayers are with you dear in this time of sorrow.

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Personally, I don't think there is any getting over the deaths of people close to us, you just learn to cope and eventually develop the ability to focus on the positive impact those people brought to your life. A little over two years ago my 3 1/2-year-old nephew died, and I have to say that the pain and confusion really hasn't abated much...basically the only thing that has gotten better is the uncertainty about how his parents would react, especially my cousin, who is much like a twin brother to me, and who I was afraid would not make it through this. Other than that, my husband lost his grandparents, who raised him, 40 years ago...to this day, he thinks about them and talks about them on a daily basis, and the recollection often still brings tears to his eyes. Take comfort in knowing that eventually the raw edge of that pain will go away, but it takes something beyond my own understanding for it to completely go away.

4. ReesasakaGaara profile image55
    ReesasakaGaaraposted 7 years ago

No one gets over death, I've never understood why I dont cry at funerals even though I am sad- tears have never came to my eyes. I know I feel emotions and I know that death is a natural cause sometimes,. but to see others die, and have a friends thats sad over that makes me cry. I cant stand to be who i am because I haven't had someone who was SO close to me die, because I keep everyone at bay. I feel ashamed to say this but, no one can GET OVER a deth. Death is what it is, but at least you know they went to a better place now, in heaven.

working