jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What does it mean in pregnancy when the doctor tells you you're measuring 4 inch

1. Rangerwife profile image54
    Rangerwifeposted 7 years ago

What does it mean in pregnancy when the doctor tells you you're measuring 4 inches too small and...

you know your dates are exact?

2. Arietha profile image69
    Ariethaposted 7 years ago

Why didn't you ask your doctor ? It's his job to reassure you if you have questions like these.

3. Rangerwife profile image54
    Rangerwifeposted 7 years ago

My doctor didn't want to worry me, and just told me to come in for an ultrasound.  I figured someone else may have gone through this before and could give me a little more info.

4. profile image0
    WildIrisposted 7 years ago

When you measure too small during pregnancy it means that the measurement from the pubic bone to top of the uterus is not equal to gestational age you claim. Most likely your dates are a bit off. An ultra sound will give you an accurate gestational age.  I know it is hard, but try to relax. If you have access to a library or a book store, try reading up on pregnancy, what to expect, and what to be aware of during the months to come. Best of luck to you!

5. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

As long as your baby is growing normally try not to worry. The measurements taken are based on averages and don't account for genetic variation or when in your cycle you fell pregnant.

In my first pergnancy, I kept being told that my baby was small and it really stressed me out, but she was born 7lb 11oz two weeks after the due date given to me based on scans.

working