jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Whenever i start my vocal music practice my body temperature rises and after sin

1. profile image45
    Juhi97posted 7 years ago

Whenever i start my vocal music practice my body temperature rises and after singing for 15 mins...

my voice becomes soar what can i do?

2. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

A rise in body temperature is to be expected, it is a lot more exercise than it may seem like. As for sore throat...are you warming up ahead of time and gradually working your way toward the outsides of your range? Just like a runner who doesn't warm up their leg muscles before they run, a singer can experience strain if they don't warm up. Also, are you in an area with high or low humidity? One of my biggest challenges living in Wyoming is keeping enough moisture in the air to be able to sing without straining against the arid climate. Other than that...do you vary the place on the scale that you're singing? If you get up to the outside edge of your range and stay there for a length of time, you will also experience strain from overworking your voice, so don't forget to dip back down into comfortable levels at regular intervals. Hope some of this helps, that's all that comes to mind at the moment smile.

3. Cumbesef profile image60
    Cumbesefposted 7 years ago

For a sore throat - gargle with salt water.

Your body temperature rises (I assume) because you are breathing more intently and using more oxygen as a result causing circulation to increase...which then heats the body.

Thus the term...warming up

Happy singing (and reading)

4. ankandhk profile image81
    ankandhkposted 6 years ago

I think you should take papaya juice with cold water.

working