jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

So many people are quick to judge about teenage pregnancy?

1. NiCCOT profile image59
    NiCCOTposted 7 years ago

So many people are quick to judge about teenage pregnancy?

But what would you do if YOU got pregnant? How would you feel about other people judging you?

2. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Teenage pregnancy is not a "sin" as all the religious wackos would have you believe.  It is an unfortunate occurrence that, in a non-religious world, would be an easy problem to take care of.

I am assuming that most teenage pregnancies are accidents, that a child is not really wanted.  The result of some pleasure should not be an 18 year sentence of servitude, resulting in a resented child who, more often than not, will grow up screwed up mentally, if not an outright loser.

If you are a pregnant teenager, tell the religious wackos to go eff themselves and get an abortion.

If you have no means to support a kid, and you don't REALLY want one, but you decide to "keep it" because of religious/societal pressure or your own stupid religion, then I judge you just as stupid as those around you.

Get an abortion.  Religion is EVIL.

3. M.s Fowler profile image39
    M.s Fowlerposted 7 years ago

They probally are because they were probally a teen mom or knew someone who was that needed lots of help so they just look at everyone the same!

4. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 7 years ago

People are quick to judge, in most cases, because of an inability to put themselves into someone else's shoes or to see things any different than their own preconceived notions. I think that everyone has their own story, their own reasons for doing things, and if they get themselves into a situation they didn't plan for then they're already learning just fine without other people sticking their nose in it. For myself, I got pregnant with my son when I was 18 and had him at 19. He was not unplanned, and I was in a committed relationship with his father...but frankly, those details are not anyone's business, and it constantly irritated me how many people jumped to conclusions. Now I'm 24 and pregnant with my second...but still baby-faced, and especially when my hands get too puffy to wear my wedding ring I still get the same sneers and snide comments about needing to focus on my high school education. The people who complimented my husband on his lovely daughter are now asking him what he thinks of the impending grandbaby. Luckily, though, I've noticed that both times these really nasty people were a minority, and judgmental people will exist in every facet of life and try to ruin your day just because they can. One of the most valuable skills in life is to learn to ignore them and focus on the positive influences in one's life.