jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you lift weights? What is your workout routine?

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image76
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 7 years ago

Do you lift weights? What is your workout routine?

2. ggerner profile image59
    ggernerposted 7 years ago

I do a power sculpt class at my health club. It's a great way to make sure I work all my muscle groups, and it also adds some variety to my workout routine. For cardio, I run three times a week for at least 5 miles.

3. grayvitaliy profile image56
    grayvitaliyposted 7 years ago

hi there, being very busy with work & family i left 3 exercises for myself: stiff-legged deadlift, full front squats and overhead  press - all in about 15 mins.... or sometimes just push our mazda mpv for min or two around a driveway - helps to remain some strength and fitness))))

4. Deborah J. Myers profile image58
    Deborah J. Myersposted 7 years ago

Circuit training with a mixture of cardio and weight lifting is the best way to burn fat and sculpt simultaneously. If you are looking just to sculpt or build muscle, try the typical "cardio, then weight lifting" which most men prefer.

5. neorane profile image58
    neoraneposted 7 years ago

I have done so for years and have written up a routine that I have found has provided both clients and me personally with great results.  I specify what I recommend for both male and female depending on what your goals are. You should check it out and see if it is of any help.  Best wishes.

6. ultimatekboxing profile image57
    ultimatekboxingposted 6 years ago

I do a mixture of different workouts - tabata training, kettlebells, swiss ball, classic kickboxing and I'm soon getting a pole so will incorporate some poledancing.

The kettle bell workouts can count as lifting weights - I build muscle quite quickly for a woman, so end up looking quite beefy if I do too much weight lifting (as I found out a few years ago!).