This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

when i can use home prgnancy test before the missed period?

1. profile image47
    lmooposted 7 years ago

when i can use home prgnancy test before the missed period?

2. CaityBugsMommy profile image57
    CaityBugsMommyposted 7 years ago

A home pregnancy test measures the amount of HCG hormone that is in your body. It takes a while once you have conceived for your body to build up enough to show up on a test.

It is best to wait until you have missed your period to take a HPT. However, most websites will tell you that once you have conceived and the egg has implanted you can test, as this is when your body starts to release the hcg hormone.

In the short, if you know when you ovulated you can test anywhere between 8 dpo and your period. If you test before your expected period, you could get a false negative, so if it comes time for your period and it is late, test again.

I had implantation bleeding on Sunday and took a test that night. It was 10 days past ovulation (dpo) and have a positive pregnancy test!

working