9 days before my period, but feel very fat

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image52
    cangel1019posted 13 years ago

i have been trying to get preg. for over a year and have had no luck, so far... this month my body feels different such as i feel fat, like i have eatten a cow.. and it it isnt going away..i still have 9 days before i get my period so i havent taken a preg test yet, i also have pinching in my left ovaries..when i eat i feel sick to my stomach...my period is due on march 24th... i know it is possible to be preg.but should i wait before taking a test...

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wait.

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Order now and it should arrive in time for you to do the test. It is accurate 7 days before your period is due, so you have a couple of days to go.
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Buy-a-Clear-Blue-Pregnancy-Test

Are you sure you are feeling 'different'? Wishful thinking can make us feel that way if we are trying to get pregnant. Dead giveaway for me was always a change in taste in my mouth, but everyone is different. Good luck smile

1. profile image52
        cangel1019posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes my body feels different... and i know the body can change at anytime but i ask this question to see if anyone else has experienced this.. as i mentioned above;  the pinching in the overies, i have never had that before and the feeling full sensation this also i have never had , even when i was getting my period i have never had this major bloating feeling like this......i have never had that until this month...i did think about the wishful thinking bit but i am in reality and i hope i am but if not back to the drawing board and possible other options to have a child...

1. IzzyM profile image85
          IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well when you think about it, there shouldn't be any 'pinching in the ovaries', because the eggs would have been released and the ovaries are not important after that, at least for this month.
          I did get niggly growing pains there but a lot further along in pregnancy - that was just muscle or tissue stretch.
          Bloating I would expect, but not until nearer when my period was due. Then again I got that every month, difference is when you are pregnant there is no release - it stays bloated.
          Still don't know. Take the test and let us either way what it says.
          A negative does not necessarily mean you are not pregnant because at this early stage you could get a false negative.

Oh and read Eaglekiwi's hub on pregnancy smile

3. Saviya Marquis profile image58
      Saviya Marquisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I had this experience when I was trying to get pregnant as well. I'm not trying to dash your hopes, but I wasn't pregnant sad

1. profile image52

i understand completly and thank you for responding, every little bit of input helps

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

I've only one question, before that question leads to others. How old are you?

1. profile image52

i feel foolish posting this but i have no experience in being preg... but i am in my late 30's...

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So, then my only other question would be that--do you feel differently than a bloating feeling? I don't know much about women when it comes to pregnancies, which is why I asked your age first.

It could be water weight, but without any real test, I don't know, but just guessing.

I hope you figure it out. Good luck. smile

3. Tammy Favata profile image63
    Tammy Favataposted 13 years ago

Go ahead...take the test:)

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 13 years ago

By the way I wrote a hub on pregnancy smile

5. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I remember going through the "trying to get pregnant" situation, and the wait can be so tough! I had times that I was sure I was pregnant, and when the test was negative I'd be very sad. Of course, one of those times it was positive, and my first son was born 9 months later. smile

I would wait before taking the pregnancy test for two reasons. The first is that you might get a false negative: if you test too early, you might be pregnant but the test will read as negative because you don't have enough HCG (the pregnancy hormone) built up in your system.

The second reason is that you might get a positive from a "chemical pregnancy" (this happens when an egg is fertilized but fails to attach - a very, very early miscarriage). With chemical pregnancies, a pregnancy test is positive but the menstrual cycle starts at the normal time. If you wait until your period is at least due, you won't get a chemical pregnancy result.

Good luck - I hope you have + results this month!

1. profile image52

thank you for the input everyone is very helpful with the advice... and yes i will agree the waiting is very very tough especially after trying for 16 months to have a child...

6. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

That's about how long it took for us to conceive our first son: we were going in for the initial infertility consult when I got the positive pregnancy test result - I hope the same thing happens for you!

7. LeeWalls profile image59
    LeeWallsposted 13 years ago

If you're so anxious, they sell those tests at the pharmacy. I don't think you need to read anything to know what to do; go and buy it.

8. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

IF by chance you are not pregnant, I would recommend you look into acupuncture...

I know quite a few people who tried to conceive with no luck until they went to acupuncture to help out

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)