jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think about dumpster diving?

1. bjspivey-rivers profile image73
    bjspivey-riversposted 7 years ago

What do you think about dumpster diving?

I am concerned about it from a health standpoint.  People might get some serious illness from rooting around in the trash.

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i did it to survive when i was young and it's not exactly fun. as for a health issue, when your so hungry you can barely walk, the last thing you care about is whether the food is healthy or not.

3. Sweetsusieg profile image84
    Sweetsusiegposted 7 years ago

Well, if you're hungry enough and there is food available that is being wasted, it is an option.  Personally I have never had to resort to doing so, but I would not begrudge the person who has to do so.

I would think if they have gotten to this point, their immune system is pretty low anyway from not eating properly.

4. Dave Put profile image56
    Dave Putposted 7 years ago

I think it's really bad that people need to do this in order to survive. Some people can't even buy food, while some others buy new clothes instead of washing them. It's an unfair world.

5. jasoncox83 profile image74
    jasoncox83posted 7 years ago

This is very true, there are potential health risks involved, but to a person whom may be hungry it does not matter.

6. justom profile image68
    justomposted 7 years ago

No one should have to do it but desperate people do desperate things. No person on earth should be hungry!   Peace!!

7. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

we do what we have to do to survive gross and dangours yes however what other choice to thoose who do it have they dont just dive dumpersters for fun theese are people who are in serois financle distress

Closed to reply

working