jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What is your opinion of Dumpster Diving?

1. peeples profile image90
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

What is your opinion of Dumpster Diving?

After watching this video http://documentaryheaven.com/dive/ I have come to have a different opinion of those who dumpster dive. Can dumpster divers help the community and in exchange the world?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Messy and nasty. It is called trash for a reason and it is best left alone.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I haven't seen the video but basically dumpster diving is digging in the trash which could be dangerous health-wise depending on the kind of trash.  I don't think the their contribution whatever that may be will offer much help to the world or the community.

4. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

It stinks.

(This line added to meet post length requirements.)

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i've been there and done that quite a few times. i ran away from an abusive home when i was 13 and i used dumpsters to survive. it sucked but death was even worse.

6. lawrence2012 profile image55
    lawrence2012posted 5 years ago

It's an invasion of privacy no matter how you look at it.  If I throw something in the garbage, I am not placing it in the public domain, no, I am throwing it away and away from prying eyes.  Digging through my garbage is a violation of my will, as I did not intend for the things in my trash to see the light of day, I intended for them to be removed from the world.

1. Attikos profile image79
      Attikosposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You have an ethical argument there, but not a legal one. The government's position is that once you throw something into the garbage it's no longer yours. That position is where the police get the ability to rummage through the trash.

working