Do not put yourself in a bad situation.
Get a new hobby.
Get in the gym.
Get a great group of supporters around you.
Read positive and uplifting material.
Change your habits that you once linked to drinking or drugs.
Associate massive pain to the old habit.
Help others stay sober.
Get a pet.
Change your diet.
Here we go with a countdown 10 to 1 !
10. It's time to get rid of your Kegerator !
9. That friend that always comes over for a place to crash and brings a twelve pack as his way of not feeling like a bum can no longer stay at your house!
8. Rip down your Every Days A Holiday so I have an excuse to drink poster!
7. Stop trying to write top 10 lists because the pressure always drives you to drink!
6.That 12' long beer bong from college can no longer be your main conversation piece in your house!
5. Every time you feel like taking a drink let your significant other drill you in the head as hard as he/she can with that blue 12 step book you never pick up anyway!
4.Avoid all holiday celebrations because seeing other drunks is a complete downer!
3. Replace your addiction like everyone else dose with gallons of coffee and chain smoking cigarettes!
2. No it is not ok to put on disguises to take multiple turns in the communion line!
And drum roll please,......,,,,....,,,,,.....,,,,.....
the #1 tip for staying sober is
1. You thought it would be really sweet to live next door to the liquor store,sorry buddy,time to move!
1. do it for yourself
2. be honest with yourself and others
3. learn and devolp nessary coping skills
4. stay busy
5. have a sponser
6. work the steps every day
7. have a higher power
8. attend support groups and meetings reguraly
9. have an open mind
10. help others
10 Tips for Getting and Staying Sober, because it is not just quitting that can be difficult, it is staying sober that remains the real challenge. read more
by Earl S. Wynn7 years ago
What are some awesome tips for staying positive?
by Mark Bruno10 months ago
If you live with an alcoholic and you don't drink, how do you treat them if you want them to quit drinking?
by LailaK6 years ago
What are your best tips for staying motivated to study during finals?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.