jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

i am 52 years old. i had my last period on 29th Aug-10 and after 15 days now sti

1. profile image46
    Sheela58posted 7 years ago

i am 52 years old. i had my last period on 29th Aug-10 and after 15 days now still small...

bleeding is found. is it a symptom of menopause ? is any need to consult a doctor ?

2. lex123 profile image64
    lex123posted 7 years ago

I feel it is better to consult a doctor.  Usually most ladies by this age would have already become menopaused. Consulting a doctor will give you peace of mind.

3. SylviaSky profile image94
    SylviaSkyposted 7 years ago

First, call and check with doctor. But yes, irregular bleeding at your age, including heavy bleeding, missed periods, spotty "barely there" periods, two-week cycles, unpredictable periods, and other strange occurrences, especially if you have been regular almost all your life, indicates that you are perimenopausal -- on your way to menopause. A doctor will explain this to you. Some women of your age are already in menopause; others aren't.

4. SteveoMc profile image75
    SteveoMcposted 7 years ago

OMG, these medical questions should be addressed to a doctor at any age.   There are lots of reasons that you may have problems.

5. PaulaHenry1 profile image77
    PaulaHenry1posted 7 years ago

First, how do you know that your last period was your last? Spotting is a normal occurrence at any age. My mother is 65 and still has spotting after menopause happened years ago. Sometimes, old blood results in spotting. This is a dark color - almost brown. Otherwise, since your "last" period was not even a month ago, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. My step-mother is still having periods at 57.