jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why does my mind keep racing at night even though my body is tired... hence I ca

1. KewlWriter profile image76
    KewlWriterposted 7 years ago

Why does my mind keep racing at night even though my body is tired... hence I cannot sleep!

2. camlo profile image91
    camloposted 7 years ago

It's because you're so busy during the day that you don't have time to think.
    When you go to bed and stop being busy, your mind takes the opportunity to sort through the experiences of the day, thus you cannot sleep.

3. DStettler profile image60
    DStettlerposted 7 years ago

As camlo said it's because your mind isn't occupied with other thoughts then and it takes a trip of it's own, so to speak. The late ours when i can't sleep are some of the best times to get ideas for writing.

4. Liberate profile image55
    Liberateposted 7 years ago

No Idea; I've Had Sleeping Issues For Years; I'd Be Wide Awake At The Middle Of The Night; And Talk To Myself; Twist And Turn; Simply Can't Sleep; Never Could Sleep. I'm A Person That Always Thinks About Things; I've Awaken At 6:00am For The Past Year! And I'll Reach Bed At Nothing Less Then 11:00pm! It Isn't Pleasant!

5. LIFE IS ABOUT profile image58
    LIFE IS ABOUTposted 7 years ago

There are a few ways to get around this problem the first a sleeping aid either from a dr. or your local drug store.
    Try training your brain to block out any thoughts think only of the color black.
    Try occupying your brain with a kind of self made movie, put your self in a time and place (on the beach)or actually put your self in your favorite movie or book.
    Learn to race your brain instead of your brain racing you.

6. howcurecancer profile image61
    howcurecancerposted 6 years ago

You are over tired.........so tired that your thoughts can not stop. Try to eat 4 - 5 fresh garlic clover (as much as you can) with fries or a steak at your dinner and you're going to sleep like a baby.

working