jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are hot showers bad for your health?

1. profile image51
    Soyyololaposted 7 years ago

Are hot showers bad for your health?

Hot shower daily.......like really really hot.

2. linky2010 profile image60
    linky2010posted 7 years ago

Well, I think not, based on my opinion and what doctors whom I knew personally will say, hot shower relaxes you and promotes good circulation of blood.

3. LIFE IS ABOUT profile image56
    LIFE IS ABOUTposted 7 years ago

Not when you have to go to work in the middle of the night, might just wake you up enough to make that drive to work. I've had plenty of doctors suggest doing physical therapy in the shower, the hot water losens up the muscles and improves circulation. Heat is only really bad if the problem is swelling,  heat will only make that worse. Do not put on a analgesic and get in the shower, the warm water opens the pores and intensifies the effect, can you say ouch( especially a groin pull)

4. passthejelly profile image79
    passthejellyposted 7 years ago

Hot showers cannot be harmful unless they actually cause burns to the skin.  In which case, you should turn down the temperature!

5. NikenDiana profile image55
    NikenDianaposted 7 years ago

When you step into your hot shower, you are inadvertently exposing your body to a slew of toxins that can damage your health, inside and out.

These toxins stem from a chemical that is added to the water supply on purpose, ironically to kill bacteria. The chemical is chlorine, and it’s added to all public water supplies to kill disease-causing bacteria in the transport pipes and the water itself.

But while chlorine is a highly effective disinfectant, it, and its byproducts, can be devastating to your health.

There are numerous studies that link drinking chlorinated water to increased risks of cancer, birth defects, miscarriages, and more. But what you may not realize is that showering or bathing in chlorinated water can be just as dangerous as drinking it, and even more so.